Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 144
Registered: ‎06-22-2012

SUCH A SAD BUT TRUE STORY

THE TATTOOIST OF AUSCHWITZ  by  HEATHER MORRIS

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,554
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: SUCH A SAD BUT TRUE STORY

I will have to look that up...not something that I've thought about before.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,196
Registered: ‎06-10-2015

Re: SUCH A SAD BUT TRUE STORY

Wow just wow, bet  thats a heavy book.

"If its broke, God can fix it".....Joyce Meyer
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,535
Registered: ‎03-27-2010

Re: SUCH A SAD BUT TRUE STORY

Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,358
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: SUCH A SAD BUT TRUE STORY


@haddon9 wrote:

I will have to look that up...not something that I've thought about before.


I guess somebody had to do it so they made one of their own do it. I want to read it but I don't want to read it. Still thinking about it.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,217
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: SUCH A SAD BUT TRUE STORY

I just got this book today from the library for my Kindle. I was quite surprised it came in so fast since it had a pretty long waiting list. 

 

I try to space out the holocaust books I read, as I get too upset reading them. It's rare that you'll find a happy ending, and even if something good happens, it's only relative to the pain and misery that was experienced.

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed.



Super Contributor
Posts: 371
Registered: ‎07-25-2010

Re: SUCH A SAD BUT TRUE STORY

This was a very good book. The people lived through unspeakable horrors everyday. But, it was nice that two survived and got married and were able to have time together after all they lived thru.
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,554
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: SUCH A SAD BUT TRUE STORY

[ Edited ]

@sunala wrote:

I just got this book today from the library for my Kindle. I was quite surprised it came in so fast since it had a pretty long waiting list. 

 

I try to space out the holocaust books I read, as I get too upset reading them. It's rare that you'll find a happy ending, and even if something good happens, it's only relative to the pain and misery that was experienced.


@sunala  I agree.  I find myself compelled to read holocaust books but can only take so many in a given amount of time.  It amazes me after so many years the new stories that keep coming out.

 

I know that this has been around for a while but DH and I just viewed "The Zookeeper's Wife" last night....another amazing story of those who risked losing everything to save others.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 97
Registered: ‎05-18-2010

Re: SUCH A SAD BUT TRUE STORY

I just finished this book! Amazing story.... I was surprised how uplifting I found it even with the horrid subject. Super inspiring.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,217
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: SUCH A SAD BUT TRUE STORY


@estaw2000 wrote:

I just finished this book! Amazing story.... I was surprised how uplifting I found it even with the horrid subject. Super inspiring.


    @estaw2000 - It was horrifically sad but apparently it's based on a true story, which to me makes it that much worse. I did read it in record time but there were times I just wanted to shut the Kindle and move on. It was THAT painful.

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed.