Regular Contributor

THE TATTOOIST OF AUSCHWITZ  by  HEATHER MORRIS

Honored Contributor

Re: SUCH A SAD BUT TRUE STORY

I will have to look that up...not something that I've thought about before.

Honored Contributor

Wow just wow, bet  thats a heavy book.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I will have to look that up...not something that I've thought about before.

I guess somebody had to do it so they made one of their own do it. I want to read it but I don't want to read it. Still thinking about it.

Esteemed Contributor

I just got this book today from the library for my Kindle. I was quite surprised it came in so fast since it had a pretty long waiting list. 

I try to space out the holocaust books I read, as I get too upset reading them. It's rare that you'll find a happy ending, and even if something good happens, it's only relative to the pain and misery that was experienced.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

This was a very good book. The people lived through unspeakable horrors everyday. But, it was nice that two survived and got married and were able to have time together after all they lived thru.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunala wrote:

I just got this book today from the library for my Kindle. I was quite surprised it came in so fast since it had a pretty long waiting list. 

I try to space out the holocaust books I read, as I get too upset reading them. It's rare that you'll find a happy ending, and even if something good happens, it's only relative to the pain and misery that was experienced.

@sunala  I agree.  I find myself compelled to read holocaust books but can only take so many in a given amount of time.  It amazes me after so many years the new stories that keep coming out.

I know that this has been around for a while but DH and I just viewed "The Zookeeper's Wife" last night....another amazing story of those who risked losing everything to save others.

Regular Contributor

I just finished this book! Amazing story.... I was surprised how uplifting I found it even with the horrid subject. Super inspiring.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@estaw2000 wrote:

I just finished this book! Amazing story.... I was surprised how uplifting I found it even with the horrid subject. Super inspiring.

@estaw2000 - It was horrifically sad but apparently it's based on a true story, which to me makes it that much worse. I did read it in record time but there were times I just wanted to shut the Kindle and move on. It was THAT painful.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett