Esteemed Contributor

Re: SO, HOW OR WHERE DO YOU GET MOST OF YOUR BOOKS?

When I was working I bought books because it took me some time to read them, but now that I am retired I always go to the library and if they don't have what I am looking for, I just put them on hold which is fine with me.  Actually getting books from the library works best for me since my house was overflowing with books.  I would end up donating them but it was a hassle to pack up heavy books and bring them to the library to donate.

Occasional Contributor

I get most of my books from Audible.  Paperbacks I get from Half Priced Books or Target & Walmart.  Hard to find books from Amazon.  Years ago I used Barnes & Noble for audio books and paperbacks but it has been a while.

Honored Contributor

library or Amz Unlimited

Honored Contributor

My daughter and I buy our books from the monthly book sale at our local library for $.50-$1.   After we read them, we donate them to the veterans hospital library.   

Esteemed Contributor

No Kindle....not interested.

Med. books sent through, as updated.

Husband buys all hardback from Amaz.-

((we pass these to son, then my brother))

I have owned 1 cookbook in my married life

that I have scrolled through, +another from 

'THE BEST of QVC's hosts recipes that are

still has the cover on. 

I'm was not adverse to any library books

until I heard many had bed bugs.

I have more reading material than I can use;

although, we do have the original GREAT BOOKS

[stored] in a glass encased shelf highboy. 

Those are priceless.

Thank you for the suggestion:

donating to the VA.hosp. library.

Honored Contributor

An outfit called Thriftbooks or Ebay.  This is because I have to have a specific book once a month for book club and I don't want to pay more than a few dollars.  It's sometimes weeks and weeks to get a book from our library.

Frequent Contributor

I have been a library user all my life...and my career was as a librarian. Bedbugs??? Never had an issue with my 30 year career as a public librarian. I would be more leery of used books that have come from environments that aren’t controlled. Library book sales are mostly donated books, many from the basements of homes that are being cleared out, I use fantasticfiction.com to look for books that will be published in upcoming months and then place a reserve at my local branch library. I rarely wait long after book is published. Then I get a new copy, or slightly used, when the title comes out. I save thousands of dollars, and space in my home. 

Honored Contributor

Not worried about bed bugs at my library. However, we stay in hotels often and I worry there. I pull the bottom corner of sheets off and check corner folds of mattress. 

Respected Contributor

My husband and I are "Friends of the Library" - annual patrons.

We LOVE our library in our small town and love our librarians.  They go out of their way to find a book if they don't have it - through the lending library system.  We check out easily five or six books a week and each of us is ALWAYS reading one.

Esteemed Contributor

1. Borrowed from the library, which is just a mile away.

2. Used from Amazon.