Respected Contributor

SO, HOW OR WHERE DO YOU GET MOST OF YOUR BOOKS?

My local library has a greyt book sale @ the beginning of each month. The prices are right...$1.00 for hard backs, and .25 cents for soft covers. Each time I go to them I carry home a big bagful of books. Some are by authors I know, and some by unknowns. I never know what I have til I open the covers and start to read. Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SO, HOW OR WHERE DO YOU GET MOST OF YOUR BOOKS?

I buy books for a quarter and sometimes two for a quarter at my hometown library most of the time.  Sometimes at a garage sale and quite often get them for free at the "little yellow book house" , just around the corner from our house.  It's fun to read different authors too.  Then I don't feel bad if they are thrown away while we are on vacation.  Most of the time I can find a library or little yellow book house to put them in.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to buy used books at my library but haven't been there in a while since I've been getting most of my books from giveaways from Goodreads, etc.

Most of my books come from various Little Free Libraries in my area. 

Honored Contributor

Amazon for best sellers.   Thrift stores for "other" novels, mysteries, etc.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I did the book sale at the Library but then I either have to store them or turn them back in to be resold.  Either way, that time has passed for me.  Got tired of either option. 

Esteemed Contributor

I download library books to my Kindle for free. They're on loan for three weeks. I have a collection of books I ordered throughout the years, but now I mostly use my Kindle.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Super Contributor

I buy mine from Target or Amazon.  Then after reading I donate them to my area's thrift stores (especially the humane society).  Haven't been in a library in years and also haven't wanted to download on Amazon's kindle (I like holding a book in my hands).  That's just me.  

Honored Contributor

Our library has become more about social services than books and reading (except for kids) now.   They do things that I can't comprehend being a mission for a library. 

Honored Contributor

When I was young, always went to the library.  Then it was used and new bookstores.  Then Amazon came along.  There I mostly purchase used "like new" books, occasionally new.

No eBooks for me.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

When I was young, always went to the library.  Then it was used and new bookstores.  Then Amazon came along.  There I mostly purchase used "like new" books, occasionally new.

No eBooks for me.

@Foxxee   I am like you except I use more e-books than anything else.  I am so taken with the convenience.  And trust me I was and am a "book" lover.  But they are too hard to hold, stack up in the house, etc.

I read almost everything on my IPad mini now.  I am so in love with that device!  I have a Kindle too, and like it, but have fallen out of LOVE with it!  LOL!!

I'll buy a book not e-book if it is about a serious topic like the founders of the US, a beautiful cookbook or decorating book, but that's about it.