Honored Contributor

Re: SEPTEMBER 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

Finished The House Across The Lake, by Riley Sager, it was really good, although it took a strange turn towards the end where you have to be very open minded to believe! Reminded me a bit of the book Behind her Eyes!

Now onto CROSS THE LINE , by James Patterson!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just finished What she said by D.S. Butler, very good book!  A woman is kidnapped and thrown into the back of a van and the only witness is a 4 year old girl with an over active imagination, this starts the solving of the crime, never saw the ending coming, but kudos to the author for a twisting story involving a true crime author brought in to lend his his expertise to solve a complicated crime!

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  I have the Riley Sager book on request at the library, but there is over 100 people before me, at least I have something to look forward to!

Esteemed Contributor

I read about 1/2 of Aurora by David Koepp, and I am just tired of forcing myself to read this book. I do not force myself to read books.  It's a library book  so it's not as if I am forced to read it to get my money's worth.

I believe I pushed it because it had all of the elements of a book that I should have loved.  It's roots are in The Carrington Event, which actually occurred in 1859, and they bring this event  into present day. How would we survive if all electricity goes out on our planet for Several months to 18 or 20 months. What would you do, your neighbor, society?

I think it boils down to I just did not like a majority of the characters in the book. Which makes it hard for me to care or read about them. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@icezeus , you have my permission to PTB,  😊. There are too many good books out there to be stuck in one you don't love!  LM

Respected Contributor

@icezeusI read Aurora and had to look back at my rating.  I gave it 4 stars, probably up from 3.5. It's has more of a family/community dynamic rather than the usual pandemic or natural disaster focus.  

I agree, if you're not feeling the characters, it makes the book less enjoyable.

Esteemed Contributor

@smoky22 wrote:

@icezeusI read Aurora and had to look back at my rating.  I gave it 4 stars, probably up from 3.5. It's has more of a family/community dynamic rather than the usual pandemic or natural disaster focus.  

I agree, if you're not feeling the characters, it makes the book less enjoyable.

@smoky22 

I believe that was it. I was definitely look for more of a natural disaster focus. 

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  I read The House Across The Lake and I agree about the ending.  It came out of nowhere and I lowered my rating because of it.   

Honored Contributor

@smoky22 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN  I read The House Across The Lake and I agree about the ending.  It came out of nowhere and I lowered my rating because of it.   

@smoky22 , I did too!!!!!!!
!

Valued Contributor

I finished Lisa Scottoline's What Happened to the Bennetts this morning. It was fast paced and included many twists, I enjoyed it.

Next up is a book club selection, The Witching Hour by Anne Rice.