Honored Contributor

Re: SEPTEMBER 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

I'm currently listening to Sheila Roberts, Sand Dollar Lane. So far, so good. 

I enjoyed listening to Out Of The Clear Blue Sky, by Kristan Higgins. 

Most of the last month, I've been learning how to knit, so I've been looking over knitting books.  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

I just finished "The Younger Wife" by Sally Hepworth. 

Dr. Stephen Aston is about to marry Heather, who is younger than his two daughters, even though he has a wife who suffers from dementia. 

The story is told through the viewpoints of the daughters and Heather. All have secrets which could pull the family apart. 

The book was OK, but I liked Hepworth's other novels better. I couldn't connect with some of the characters, who seemed one dimensional. I didn't care about the ending. It wasn't a waste of time, but I wouldn't recommend this book. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

Just finished S. Kings,FAIRY TALE. It was excellent,very,very long book,but ,true,old S. King. Worth the time spent!

Valued Contributor

As an avid audiobook listener, I was intrigued to find a book called Thank You for Listening by Julia Whelan.  A fun and interesting read about this industry.  It is fiction and revolves around a woman, Sewanee, who narrates books and is quite well known in the industry.  She started out doing Romance but moved onto other fields because she didn't believe in happily ever after (HEA).  But one of her favorite authors and a mentor dies and asks that Swan narrate her most recent book.  Problem is, it's a romance novel.  Delightful characters, heartbreaking at times and well worth the read.  Didn't realize, until the end and, in the authori's notes, that she is also an audiobook narrator.  

Valued Contributor

@teganslaw I agree with your assessment of The Younger Wife {Sally Hepworth)  I am always bummed when one of my favored authors fails to produce.

I am reading What Happened to the Bennetts by Lisa Scottoline. The plot invovlves a family placed in the witness protection program after their daughter's murder.

Respected Contributor

Finished Tracy Goodwin's With Neighbors Like This.  It was a humorous fast read and sort of a romance.

Respected Contributor

@Epicurean @Thank you for posting.  I will look for,this.  Love Stephen King.  LM

Honored Contributor

I read this book in less than 2 days!

The Summer House by Lauren K. Denton

It just flows so nicely and you will just want to move to this little neighborhood and want to be included in their activities!  I was so sad when I finished it.  I wanted more!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Occasional Contributor

I loved that book!

Respected Contributor

@Epicurean  thanks for the review.  I am on a very long waitlist for this book.  I usually get all my books from the library but I'm thinking of buying this one.  You are tempting me.