Honored Contributor

Re: SEPTEMBER 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

[ Edited ]

Twisted Prey, a Prey Novel #28, by John Sanford.  Lucas Davenport is back again to help a Senator find out who is trying to kill him.  The other Senator from that state has huge aspirations to be the first female President of the United States and will do absolutely anything to get there.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Regular Contributor

Out of the Clear Blue Sky by Kristin Higgins.

As her only child is about to make across the country for college, Li!le's husband tells her he wants a divorce to  find his joy. He leaves her for a social climbing woman she had introduced him to. She doesn't get sad, she gets furious. Her ire leads her to do all kinds of things to get even with some laugh out loud moments in the book.

In the end her life turns out for the better out of the clear blue sky

Honored Contributor

I ma starting THE HOUSEMAID, by Frieda Mcfadden.....I haven't been reading for a couple of weeks, so just getting back into it again..

Frequent Contributor

The Hotel Nantucket by Elin Hilderbrand

Respected Contributor

I can't remember the last time I finished a book in one day.  The Means by Amy Fusselman was a humorous book and I loved it but of course I love family books mostly. 

Respected Contributor

I'm also going to give an update on The Ink Black Heart. I'm at page 750 and I still hate this book.

I was going to put check marks on the pages that have value, but. absolutely none of them do.

The Robin/Strike story has really not moved at all, at this point.

The other plots are 100% a waste of time.

DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK!

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

I was able to finish up The Echo Killing by Christi Daugherty. I rated the book 2/5 on Goodreads. The book started out really strong for me, and then perhaps 1/2 way through the main character started to do really reckless and in my opinion stupid things, which always tries my patience.

I just don't understand what happened. It's like another author came in to write the second 1/2 of the book.   

I've read I think 3 of her books. I really liked the Echo Killing which was responsible for me reading two more. I didn't notice what you did on the second half of the book. It was the third book in the series that finished me-just didn't  do it for me.

@Judaline 

I might read the second book sometime in the future.  Mainly,  because of the teaser that they put in at the end of book 1. It was called The Shutout and I was sort of surprised at how she was treated by the police force, for finding a murderer. That has me curious about where that storyline goes.

Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Twisted Prey, a Prey Novel #28, by John Sanford.  Lucas Davenport is back again to help a Senator find out who is trying to kill him.  The other Senator from that state has huge aspirations to be the first female President of the United States and will do absolutely anything to get there.  

@beckyb1012 

My last Prey book was #23 Silken Prey where this horrible woman won the Senator's seat by cheating and basically having people murdered. Lucas knew that it circled back to her but could not prove it. 

She was basically a psychopath. 

Is this the same woman?

Super Contributor

Just finished listening to Hissy Fit, by Mary Kay Andrews.  I always especially enjoy hearing a book read when the reader has a southern drawl.  This book was funny, touching, and predictable.  I enjoyed it, and only wish all of the characters would clean up their language!  The story centers around Keeley Murdock, a successful interior designer, who catches her fiance entangled with her maid of honor at the rehearsal dinner.  Keeley pitches a huge hissy fit. . .and so the reader is off to the races. . .There's her run away missing mother, her dad, who has a new Asian girlfriend, the red headed employer who just bought a local failing bra plant, and her gay second best friend/florist.  

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@beckyb1012 

My last Prey book was #23 Silken Prey where this horrible woman won the Senator's seat by cheating and basically having people murdered. Lucas knew that it circled back to her but could not prove it. 

She was basically a psychopath. 

Is this the same woman?

Yes mam and you will love it!!!!!!!!!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."