Respected Contributor

Re: SEPTEMBER 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

I am in the middle of a book called Ariadne (Jennifer Saint) about the Greek legend involving the Minotaur.  The reviews said if you loved Circe, you will love this one.  So far it is good.   

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished Adult Assembly Required by Abbi Waxman, it was OK!  An older home in the LA area is converted into rooms for rent.  The members of the home are each damaged in their own way, but come together to support each other in the good times and the bad times, coming to form a family of their choosing,and a budding romance between two of the  tenants takes place the other tenants see it happening but the two cannot see it, doubting their feelings because of their past.

Respected Contributor

I am reading The Palace Papers.  It is a gossipy look at the Royals.  I am about a third of the way through.  So far, so good.  LM

Respected Contributor

Just finished The Light Through the Leaves by Glendy Vanderah and liked it so much that now I am reading The Oceanography of the Moon by the same author. There's a bit of magic woven into the story and who doesn't like magic? I've also read her Where the Forest Meets the Stars; thinking those are the only three she's written so far and like the first two and am enjoying the third.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just finished Murder For The Halibut by Liz Lipperman, I enjoyed this book!  If you ever watch MasterChef. this book is a take of that show, but this mystery takes place on a cruise ship, and one of the top chefs is killed, it also has a robbery and a 2nd murder, some hanky panky between the passengers, and at the end it has some wonderful recipes featued!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just finished Pamela Hutchins's newest novel, Big Horn.  I have enjoyed reading her Patrick Flint series (mysteries) and this is the 1st of a new series.  Her books are pretty much easy reading, no bad language, offensive sex scenes, or gory details.  In this book the reader is introduced to Prosecutor Jennifer Herrington, a hot shot Texas district attorney who has her sights set on becoming the youngest ever female DA in Houston.  That her sweet husband wants to move to Wyoming, sart their family, operate a dilapidated lodge, coach a high school football team, and doctor in a large animal clinic may, put a crimp in her plans. . . 

Trusted Contributor

just finished THE LUCKIEST GIRL ALIVE. All I can say is I'd been lucky if I didn't waste my time or money on this book!😝

Esteemed Contributor

@Epicurean Thanks for the warning!

Honored Contributor

Boys Life: Enjoyed that book so much. When I was reading it when dating Hubbs I'd take it w/me so I could get in a few pages.

Fairy Tale by S. King: Read a review of it, do not think I would enjoy it.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

Just finished The It Girls by Gill Paul, based on 4 real women and the only one I heard of was Dorothy Parker.  It was an interesting read duiring the 1920s with the speakeasies and prohibition and women having jobs in newspapers etc.