Esteemed Contributor

Re: SEPTEMBER 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

@ninjawife  I like Alison Weir, too.  Have you read THE LAST WHITE ROSE?  It's a novel about Elizabeth of York, Henry the VIII's mother, also the sister of the "princes in the tower" the boys believed to have been murdered. I just started it but I think it will be good.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@MoJoV I have read the non fiction book about her.  I don't remember the title.  The fiction book about her is Alison Weir's newest fiction novel and I am waiting for it to come out in paperback. It is the first in a series about the Tudors.  Next is Henry XII then Mary I.

Honored Contributor

The Boys, by Katie Hafner.  This is a couple in their thirties who want to be parents but discover it is not going to happen naturally.  The couple discuss donors, adoption, and every way possible to have a child.  The wife brings home two young boys from Russia that she says needs emergency foster care.  Then covid and the shut down begins.  Short term turns into long term care.  But are the boys really what we think they are?

Note:   It took me a couple of weeks to read through this book in the beginning since it did not just out and out grab me.  It was my "have a bit of time to kill book" then I would pick it up.  When I got well past half way through it I discovered the truth about the boys and almost fell out of my chair laughing.  I finished the book so darn quick after that.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Just finished Unmissing by Minka Kent, very very good book!  I could not turn the pages fast enough!

Honored Contributor

Finished The Housemaid by Freida McFadden, it was so good!!!! I love her books and I like how she always adds such a cool twist to the end! This was a super fast read!

Now I have just started THE HOUSE ACROSS THE LAKE, by Riley Sager.... Also still reading THE PALACE PAPERS, my sister in law gave it to me and said it is really good! and it is!

Trusted Contributor

Today I finished The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.  I know many of you have read this book so I will not describe the plot.  I avoided this book for a long time because of it being set in Germany during World War 2, but it is the what my book club will be discussing on Monday, so I read it.  I can't say I "liked" it because so much of it is very tragic, but I am very glad I read it and recommend it highly.

Honored Contributor

@sandy53 wrote:

Today I finished The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.  I know many of you have read this book so I will not describe the plot.  I avoided this book for a long time because of it being set in Germany during World War 2, but it is the what my book club will be discussing on Monday, so I read it.  I can't say I "liked" it because so much of it is very tragic, but I am very glad I read it and recommend it highly.

I cut to the chase and just saw the movie, lol. (really liked it, too)

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

Just finished Unmissing by Minka Kent, very very good book!  I could not turn the pages fast enough!

I just read the summary on Amazon-it's scaring me already!

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline 2 shocking parts of the book I never saw coming!

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished The Good Sister by Sally Hepworth. thaanks @CANDLEQUEEN  for recommending this book it was very good!