Esteemed Contributor

Re: SEPTEMBER 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Twisted Prey, a Prey Novel #28, by John Sanford.  Lucas Davenport is back again to help a Senator find out who is trying to kill him.  The other Senator from that state has huge aspirations to be the first female President of the United States and will do absolutely anything to get there.  

@beckyb1012 

My last Prey book was #23 Silken Prey where this horrible woman won the Senator's seat by cheating and basically having people murdered. Lucas knew that it circled back to her but could not prove it. 

She was basically a psychopath. 

Is this the same woman?

Yes mam and you will love it!!!!!!!!!!

@beckyb1012 

I can't wait. I am dragging my feet on this series because I do not want to be caught up. 

I think when i finish. I am going to start all over again. 

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Twisted Prey, a Prey Novel #28, by John Sanford.  Lucas Davenport is back again to help a Senator find out who is trying to kill him.  The other Senator from that state has huge aspirations to be the first female President of the United States and will do absolutely anything to get there.  

@beckyb1012 

My last Prey book was #23 Silken Prey where this horrible woman won the Senator's seat by cheating and basically having people murdered. Lucas knew that it circled back to her but could not prove it. 

Is this the same woman?

@beckyb1012 

I can't wait. I am dragging my feet on this series because I do not want to be caught up. 

I am so far behind.  This was my first time to even read this author much less all the other Prey books.  My Boss' wife's sister sends me books when she comes to visit us and this was in last weeks stash.  I would have gone crazy during shut down if she had not been for her "fixes" and she lives four hours away.  Checked my library yesterday and out of his 32 Prey books they only have 2!  Oh well this past weekend I was glued to the book.  Enjoy all the way up to the very last page!!! Woman Wink

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay--a final remark (from me) on the Robert Galbrath/J.K. Rowling saga. . .a super lot of violence, foul language, terrible plot lines. . .

I am so disappointed.

I will not buy her next book: I'm done.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm confused. Is "The Ink Black Heart" written by Robert Galbraith, JK Rowling or both? Some articles mention only one author, then others mention both of them. 

I have no interest in reading the book, just was curious since it's been brought up on this forum. I never read anything by Galbraith and I wasn't real impressed with the Harry Potter novels. I read a few, thinking they would improve. Not real bad, but nothing I'd recommend. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

I'm about at 30% way through S. Kings FAIRY TALE and I can't put it down. Woke up 3:30 A M and read for a while😆

Esteemed Contributor

@teganslaw  JK Rowling writes the Cormoran Stike novels under the Robert Galbraith pseudonym.

Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@beckyb1012 

Is this the same woman?

@beckyb1012 

I am so far behind.  This was my first time to even read this author much less all the other Prey books.  My Boss' wife's sister sends me books when she comes to visit us and this was in last weeks stash.  I would have gone crazy during shut down if she had not been for her "fixes" and she lives four hours away.  Checked my library yesterday and out of his 32 Prey books they only have 2!  Oh well this past weekend I was glued to the book.  Enjoy all the way up to the very last page!!! Woman Wink

@beckyb1012 

Is your library part of a system? For example, when I put in an online request for a book it searches the system for my county in which there over 40 individual libraries.

Then they book that I want is pulled from one of them and delivered to the library of my choice for me to check out. 

Also, if you love Lucas you have to read the Virgil Flowers books by John Sanford. They cross into "The Prey Books". In the earlier books Virgil works for Lucas. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@beckyb1012 

Is this the same woman?

@beckyb1012 

@beckyb1012 

Is your library part of a system? For example, when I put in an online request for a book it searches the system for my county in which there over 40 individual libraries.

Then they book that I want is pulled from one of them and delivered to the library of my choice for me to check out. 

Also, if you love Lucas you have to read the Virgil Flowers books by John Sanford. They cross into "The Prey Books". In the earlier books Virgil works for Lucas. 

No it is not on a system just our one City Library.  I will check on the other title "Virgil Flowers" but they do not have but about 12 books by this author.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Just finished Do You Remember by Freida McFadden, WOW what a good book!  How would you feel waking in the morning not remembering what  your home looks like, or even your own name, or who the man that climbs out of your bed?  The story really takes off here, be prepared for a wild ride,once your on you won't be able to get off until you close the last page!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

Just finished Do You Remember by Freida McFadden, WOW what a good book!  How would you feel waking in the morning not remembering what  your home looks like, or even your own name, or who the man that climbs out of your bed?  The story really takes off here, be prepared for a wild ride,once your on you won't be able to get off until you close the last page!

@CareBears iTS ON MY TBR List. I am finishing up The Housemaid right now, and it is so good!!!!! I love her books!!!! 

@CareBears wrote: