Respected Contributor

Room by Emma donoghue movie maybe spoilers

when Room by Emma Donoghue came out I was hesitant to read it but I'm glad I did and now the movie is coming out in October /November.   The movie trailer shows one thing where when I read it I thought wow how would they show that in a movie and it's right there in the preview.   I felt they give away too much of the story in the preview.    I recommend reading the book before watching the trailer.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Room by Emma donoghue movie maybe spoilers

Interesting that they're making this into a movie, especially with so few characters.

The book deeply disturbed me, and in a way I was sorry I read it, although I admit I couldn't put it down for one minute. 

I don't know if I'll see the movie. I think I've had enough of this story for a good long time. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

The book was enough for me; I'm skipping the movie.

Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

Interesting that they're making this into a movie, especially with so few characters.

The book deeply disturbed me, and in a way I was sorry I read it, although I admit I couldn't put it down for one minute. 

I don't know if I'll see the movie. I think I've had enough of this story for a good long time. 

I don't know what it is, but from the trailer I know it's something I don't want to see, or read, or even know about.

Valued Contributor

I don't beleive that I will go to see the movie, either.  However, I must admit that this book had the greatest twist that took me completely by surprise.

Yes, it's depressing but what a page-turner!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I wish you would elaborate on what you feel the movie trailer spoiled. I just looked it up on YouTube and, although there are parts I don't remember, they aren't shock worthy. The Amazon description tells you exactly their situation, so I don't think that's a spoiler. The part I don't remember is the last half of the trailer (was years since I read the book.). I may go see the movie based on what my critic says.
Respected Contributor

Spoiler
I don't think they should have showed how he looked that isn't revealed early in the book. Showing him in the truck bed 
Respected Contributor

The book was more than enough for me.  No thank you on watching the movie.

Trusted Contributor

Not for me...I tried to read her Dress Lodger and that that was way sad.  I guess I need more fantasy than reality in movies and novels.  But I do love biographies.

Honored Contributor

I loved the book, or maybe that's the wrong word, I admired the book as a remarkable achievement and it gripped me from beginning to end.  The movie received incredible reviews at the film festivals but I'm with so many of you, I don't want to see it, too disturbing.