Contributor

Re: Read one of the best books ever

Yes, I agree, the ones written with co-authors are uneven, but I've found that anything co-authored by Maxine Paetro is very good.  Love The Women's Murder Club series...the ones on CD are well done with music and sound effects, and I love the different voices the reader uses to differentiate between the different characters. 

Valued Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Thanks for the tip......I've bookmarked it on Amazon to read what I can about it. 

You gave me an idea for gifts for 3 nieces.  - never thought about books but we all like a good mystery.

Have you read other books by this author - and  - if so do most carry a spell-bound interest?

Thanks again - suggest more if you can.

@fthunt  I have given my nieces and nephews books since they were in third grade. Each Christmas I choose a book for each one.  The oldest is now 39; the youngest 17. They look forward to a book for Christmas.  One niece has a Kindle and was so disappointed when I got her an Amazon gift card.  She wanted a physical book.

They all also love gel pens, which was another Christmas tradition that I started.

Honored Contributor

4th of July was my favorite in the series. They've gone downhill in my opinion.