Trusted Contributor

Read one of the best books ever

Just finished reading "First to Die" by James Patterson. It is the 1st book in the Women's Murder Club series. Loved this book!  I could not put it down and it had me on the edge of my seat all the way through. Looking forward to reading more of the series. Thanks to those who recommended this author! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Read one of the best books ever

Thanks for the tip......I've bookmarked it on Amazon to read what I can about it. 

You gave me an idea for gifts for 3 nieces.  - never thought about books but we all like a good mystery.

Have you read other books by this author - and  - if so do most carry a spell-bound interest?

Thanks again - suggest more if you can.

Esteemed Contributor

Re-read = apparently this is your first by JP

Thanks again

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I need to read #16 & #17 in the Murder Club series which I have on my shelf and also #19 & #20.  He has #21 coming out in 2021.

I also like his stand alones but don't want to read his Cross series.  Not for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@LuvmyLab 

James Patterson has a few series that I really enjoy. The Woman's Murder Club Series is one of them. I just finished the 11th book a few weeks back.  

Here is another good series by him. "NYPD Red".

Respected Contributor

Patterson's early books were so good.  Then he adopted the practice of just outlining a story, then having a second writer actually do the writing.  Some authors write well, others like 5th  graders.  His books have very uneven writing due to this practice. 

Esteemed Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

Just finished reading "First to Die" by James Patterson. It is the 1st book in the Women's Murder Club series. Loved this book!  I could not put it down and it had me on the edge of my seat all the way through. Looking forward to reading more of the series. Thanks to those who recommended this author! 

@LuvmyLab  .. I read all the books in the Women's Murder Club Series.  Enjoyed all of them!

Trusted Contributor

@fthunt  This was my 1st book by this author. I have heard of him for many years but had other authors that I wanted to read 1st. I loved the 1st book of the Women's Murder Club. If they are all this good I can't wait. I definitely recommend them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

Patterson's early books were so good.  Then he adopted the practice of just outlining a story, then having a second writer actually do the writing.  Some authors write well, others like 5th  graders.  His books have very uneven writing due to this practice. 

I agree.............i really enjoyed him in his earlier novels....but then like  you said co-authored and i just couldn't get into those stories....less then exciting......

I am also not a fan of authors writing good books in the  beginning and then creating a series with one of their popular characters in every book thereafter..............i want a new and different story each time....

Respected Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

I agree.  I read the early books that he actually wrote but stopped when he started taking the easy way to cash.