Honored Contributor

Re: READING ANY GOOD BOOKS IN MARCH? WE'D LOVE TO HEAR!

The Shadow Box, by Luanne Rice.  Trying to find out who tried to kill her and left her for dead.  Her husband, soon to running for Governor, or her step-son, or one of the rich and powerful friends of her husband.  Possibly one of many others.  Not to mention another woman in their group of friends is killed the same day.   Very good thriller.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@cocolvr7 wrote:

I just finished The Four Winds by Kristen Hannah. If you like historical fiction, give this a try. It is set in Texas & California during the years of the Dust Bowl. I highly recommend this book. I found it to be a page-turner but warn readers to keep a box of tissues at hand. The author creates strong, richly developed characters who tell a story of adapting to life changes in settings that are vivid & unforgettable. This story lingers long after the last page is finished.

I also finished The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah a few days ago and I loved it. My favorite genre to read are psychological thrillers and this is not that, however, it's going to take an amazing book to knock this one down from being the  favorite for 2021. I know it's early to say that but it's that good. Kristin Hannah has definitely become one of my favorite authors. 

I agree with @cocolvr7 ...keep the tissues handy! 

Trusted Contributor

The Island of the Sea Women by Lisa See - a very powerful historical fiction novel.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am about 3/4 through No Place I'd Rather be by Cathy Lamb, I am enjoying this book!  It is heartbreaking in parts, has very colorful charactes, and mentions food & more food, why is it every book I choose has food in it, without me even knowing it beforehand?  I had trouble sleeping so I just decided to get up at 2:30 a.m. and continue my reading, my happy place!

Respected Contributor

I have loved animals all my life and this true story is not only about Harry & Minnie, it is about the love of dogs and the love of friendship. It's about life and faith and the unexpected, seemingly "coincidental" serendipitous moments that happen.  Although death comes to us all, in the meantime, there are so many opportunities to “see the joy & help each other”...and in the process, help ourselves.  I highly recommend "When Harry met Minnie."

Respected Contributor

@alliswell wrote:

I have loved animals all my life and this true story is not only about Harry & Minnie, it is about the love of dogs and the love of friendship. It's about life and faith and the unexpected, seemingly "coincidental" serendipitous moments that happen.  Although death comes to us all, in the meantime, there are so many opportunities to “see the joy & help each other”...and in the process, help ourselves.  I highly recommend "When Harry met Minnie."

@alliswell 

I read this book a few months ago thanks to Celadon which provided books to Little Free Libraries.  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry (I did both).  It was so good.

Respected Contributor

@sunala Reading Death at Fenice by Donna Leone.  A murder mystery set inVenice Italy that features Vice Commisorio  Guido Brunetti acclaimed detective known for solving difficult crimes.  It is the maestro at the Venice Opera company who was murdered.  Leon has written a series of books where Brunetti is featured.  Good read as usual from Leon

Esteemed Contributor

Between Two Kingdoms by Suleika Jaouad.  I've just started it but it's intense and magical. A young lady battles leukemia for four years--and her story is told in The New York Times.  Once she's doing better, she and her dog take a road trip to visit all the people who wrote to her, giving her encouragement.  She learns the lesson that no journey is taken alone.

Trusted Contributor

Yesterday If finished reading THE SECRET GARDEN by F.H. Burnett. It's a old book,I read it once before but it's a sweet ,short book. written for young people,but I enjoyed it.
Now I can start S. Kings newest,LATER.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tobes - I love Donna Leon's books too!  Book #30 is coming out this month, and I can't wait to read it.  It's called Transient Desires.

@Lilysmom1 - Troubled Blood is very good, but there are many pages you can skim over (all that numerology stuff was completely unnecessary, IMO.)