Honored Contributor

Re: READING ANY GOOD BOOKS IN MARCH? WE'D LOVE TO HEAR!

Egg Shooters, by Laura Childs;  Murder and muffins and tons of other tasty items.  I love all of Laura's book series.  Cackleberry Club.

Before She Disappeared, by Lisa Gardner.  A long time recovering alcoholic who goes from town to town wherever a missing person as not been found.  This middle age female  "bartender/detective" always seems to find what the police cannot.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

I just finished The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty. I enjoyed this book, and anyone that is use to reading Liane Moriarty would know that she usually writes about interesting subjects, for instance post partum depression (different book)  and how they affect relationships. She has a way of seamlessly weaving several characters together, that makes the story line very attractive and you cannot wait to get to the end.

I will rate this book 4/5 on Goodreads.  Although, the book should have been called who does not have a secret, because everyone did, and the epilogue was very surprising. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished When We Met by A.L. Jackson, Molly Adams. Tiffany King, Christina Lee, I believe this was a young adult romance book, but I still enjoyed it!  A word of warning if you find sexual content disturbing do not check out this book, it has a lot of in it!

Trusted Contributor

Today I finished The Last Straw by Sharon Sala.  It is the fourth book in the Jigsaw Files series and was just published last month.  This was a very good book.  The series involves a private detective team who find missing persons.  This time they are searching for a kidnapping victim.  There is also a subplot involving one of the partners who has psychic powers and some fanatics are looking to kill her.  I can't give more details.  The pace was quick and the characters were all very interesting. 

I recommend reading this series in order because of how the characters develop from book to book.  But each one could be enjoyed as a stand alone if you don't care about the background of the characters.

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I just finished The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty. I enjoyed this book, and anyone that is use to reading Liane Moriarty would know that she usually writes about interesting subjects, for instance post partum depression (different book)  and how they affect relationships. She has a way of seamlessly weaving several characters together, that makes the story line very attractive and you cannot wait to get to the end.

I will rate this book 4/5 on Goodreads.  Although, the book should have been called who does not have a secret, because everyone did, and the epilogue was very surprising. 

@icezeus I read this about 2 years ago, but remember really liking it! She does write very well and engaging.

Honored Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

This week I finished Monogamy by Sue Miller.  Graham and Annie have been married for nearly thirty years.  Graham is a bookseller and Annie is a photographer.  When Graham suddenly dies, Annie is lost.  While she is still mourning him, she discovers a ruinous secret, one that will spiral her into darkness and force her to question whether she ever truly knew the man who loved her.  I enjoyed this book and would recommend it.  

@Catty2 This sounds very good, I will look for this one!

Valued Contributor

Finished The Almanack by Martine Bailey - takes place in England in the 1700s and is about a young woman (Tabitha) who left her small village to live in London.  You can guess at what she was forced into while living there.  Tabitha receives a letter from her mother telling her that she needs her help immediately and to please come home.  But when she arrives home, she discovers her mother has died and the local constable and doctor tell her that the mother drowned.  But things don't look right and Tabitha is determined to discover who murdered her mother.  Author did an incredibly good job of transporting me to that time period.  Each chapter is started with a riddle and the almanack is something that her mother had kept over the years and is useful to Tabitha in her research.  The author also created characters that are interesting and believable.  You don't completely like any of them, but they are compelling.  

Valued Contributor

@Lilysmom1  I am reading this book now , Trouble  Blood, I tend to agree it is not the best one, but I am over 1/2 way through and it is becoming more interesting,,But only a little so far. I am sticking with it,but feel the book definitely was written with the covid lockdowns! It can be repetitive @ times, but also shows more of Robins frustrations of life. I will be interested in seeing if this book has it,or not!

Respected Contributor

Just finished Yellow Wife by Sadequa Johnson.  I normally don't read historical books set in 1850 and about slavery but it was well worth it.  It was a fast read but still don't know what all the hype is about that I've read about it.

Valued Contributor

@roeroe1005  I did enjoy Lucy Foleys book. I am waiting for her next one to come out!