Respected Contributor

Meant to post this yesterday when I heard about it but Judith Krantz, author of Scruples, and many others (all of which I read) died at age 91.  Her last  book was in 1998.  I didn't realize this but her sister-in-law was Shari Lewis, who was married to her brother. 

Honored Contributor

I just read that and was coming to post.  Very sad, I think I read very one of her books.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Wow!! I read a lot of her older books years ago. May she Rest In Peace.

Honored Contributor

@SWEET - TY for posting. I'm so sad to hear this. 

I read a lot of her books, and of course saw the many mini-series too. I remember reading long ago that when she finished a book, she treated herself to a pair of diamond earrings. I also read that she would cast Barry Bostwick in every TV movie she could. He was a close friend, and I'm sure he's mourning her loss. 

Respected Contributor

Re: R.I.P. JUDITH KRANTZ

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom wrote:

@SWEET - TY for posting. I'm so sad to hear this. 

I read a lot of her books, and of course saw the many mini-series too. I remember reading long ago that when she finished a book, she treated herself to a pair of diamond earrings. I also read that she would cast Barry Bostwick in every TV movie she could. He was a close friend, and I'm sure he's mourning her loss. 

@beach-mom

Glad I could trigger some good memories.  I think I recall her movies but don't remember watching them and I would be the one to watch them. I was probably busy or something back when I was younger.  LOL.  Interesting about the diamond earrings buy. 

Honored Contributor

Scruples was made into a mini series twice, first in 1980, then again years later. the first one was wonderful, starred Lindsay Wagner and Barry Bostwick.