Super Contributor

Have u noticed how much kindle books have increased in price?  I went to buy a book for my kindle tonight and it was a dollar more than the hard copy!! It seems they have worked on getting people over to E-readers and decided to take advantage by really increasing prices. 

Honored Contributor

I sure have noticed the price increases. I have good luck finding discounted books and sometimes even free. Amazon often has good deals, and sites like book bub also has good discounts. New releases seem to run on average 12.99 or so. But sometimes I want a newer book ,so I bite the bullet.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I forgot to mention that if you follow favorite authors on Facebook or Twitter , they often give tips  that their books are on sale. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Re: Price of Kindle Books

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure who you mean by 'they' but I read an article ages ago that said it's not amazon that sets the price , nor the author.  It's the publishing house.  This has been a complaint almost since E readers (Kindle) came out.  

Trusted Contributor

VRe: Price of Kindle Books

[ Edited ]

This might seem odd, I have a Kindle but never use it for reading books. I never got used to it, or the battery gets warm & it's kind of heavy after a while. I still buy paper and take in my books for trade in at a couple local used book stores. I get something back that way. The ones they don't take, I either donate them to the library that has sales at bazaars or summer sidewalk sales, or save for friends. If it's an awful book, I sometimes recycle it, ha! Smiley Happy

If it's only e-reader, I do it then of course, like those small stories novellas. Or free.

Honored Contributor

Re: VRe: Price of Kindle Books

Got my Kindle as a gift and while my intent was to use it as a reader, I found I still prefer books.

Honored Contributor

I ADORE my PaperWhite. If you have ever read anything on the Kindle forums you will see that publishers set the prices, not Amazon.

And if you pull up a book on Kindle to check it out, below the price it always says: Price set by Publisher.

Honored Contributor

I download virtually all of my fiction books from the library.  

Trusted Contributor

@Rose429 wrote:

Have u noticed how much kindle books have increased in price?  I went to buy a book for my kindle tonight and it was a dollar more than the hard copy!! It seems they have worked on getting people over to E-readers and decided to take advantage by really increasing prices. 

@Rose429

My local library, as well as my state library, loan kindle books online. I very seldom ever pay for a book anymore. I can borrow for 21 days, or longer if I keep the kindle in airport mode. They have most of the bestsellers. Sometimes I have to be on wait list but there's plenty other books to read while I'm waiting. You should check into it. 

Respected Contributor

@Rose429 wrote:

Unless it's a 3rd party sale, I haven't found a single book that is less than an ebook.   

I've paid up to $15 for name authors in 2009.  Some are a couple bucks more, and more of them are less, but the hard covers are a lot more. 

Authors cost of living has raised just like everyone elses.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*