Respected Contributor

As the coronation of his father approaches, I hope Harry, Meghan, and their children will attend to show their support. Must they be formally invited in order to attend? I don't know how this works, but I thought I read something a few weeks ago saying the date of the coronation conflicts with Archie's birthday, so they won't be attending. That is a lame excuse imho. I say take Archie and celebrate his birthday by attending the coronation of his grandpa, the King of England; how many other kids get to do such a thing? I hope they don't bail on the king...this would be a good time to swallow their pride and show some maturity. I oray this family can reconcile and live with harmony. The ball is in Harry's court.

Honored Contributor

Must say?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

As the coronation of his father approaches, I hope Harry, Meghan, and their children will attend to show their support. Must they be formally invited in order to attend? I don't know how this works, but I thought I read something a few weeks ago saying the date of the coronation conflicts with Archie's birthday, so they won't be attending. That is a lame excuse imho. I say take Archie and celebrate his birthday by attending the coronation of his grandpa, the King of England; how many other kids get to do such a thing? I hope they don't bail on the king...this would be a good time to swallow their pride and show some maturity. I oray this family can reconcile and live with harmony. The ball is in Harry's court.

I think it would be hypocritical to attend. @Trailrun23  I think they should stay away. Why should everybody else be uncomfortable with them being there. Watch it like the rest of us on TV.

Plus, can you imagine it is on Archie’s birthday. How dare the world continue to turn on Archie’s birthday!

Respected Contributor

It is hard for me to really have an opinion on this...but I see the coronation a window of opportunity, or a perfect "excuse" to go back to the UK. Harry and Meghan need a graceful way out of the situation they created...and this may be as close to one as they will have. I also think whoever actually chose the date for the coronation had no idea when Archie's birthday was. Supposedly it corresponds with one of the Queen's important milestones. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Positive thread

[ Edited ]

@Trailrun23 "It is hard for me to really have an opinion on this...but I see the coronation a window of opportunity, or a perfect "excuse" to go back to the UK. Harry and Meghan need a graceful way out of the situation they created...and this may be as close to one as they will have. I also think whoever actually chose the date for the coronation had no idea when Archie's birthday was. Supposedly it corresponds with one of the Queen's important milestones."

Even if they attend no one will want to talk to them for fear of being included in Harry's next book.  Did you see the video of them at the Queen's funeral.  People did not want to talk to them.  Many people in the UK are not happy with them.  Whatever some people may think about the monarchy no longer being relevant there are still many royal loyalists that want it to continue. 

Respected Contributor

Probably true that they are now pariahs,  but this thread is supposed to be a positive one....and the most positive thing I can think of right now would be for the broken relationship between Harry and his birth family to be repaired.  I hate conflict and I so hope his sweet little son and daughter will be given the chance to grow up knowing their grandpa and other family members....especially cousins close to their age and aunts and uncles, etc. When they are grown, they can pick and choose who they want to maintain relationships with; until then, give them the chance to know them. They are both the true innocents in this situation. 

Valued Contributor

Let me be the first to keep it "real" Who cares! they are irrelevant in the real world not to mention classless spoiled narcissists. What have they done but destroy decades of tradition and create problems, yet you think them so lovely, why exactly? At least Kate has class, gives of herself for charities and good deeds just like Diana did and she respects the monarchy. I admire good character and good deeds nether of which you see with those two. 

Valued Contributor

Exactly!

Respected Contributor

Re: Positive thread

[ Edited ]

I don't see anything lovely about either of them, but you seem determined to get this thread poofed by not saying anything remotely positive. I very much want to see their children reconciled with their relatives. 

Esteemed Contributor

Did anyone see the headline Meghan had “gentle concerns” about Harry’s book. It might ruffle the wrong feathers. Talk about throwing him under the bus.

All he does is defend her, and she wants us to believe she didn’t encourage him to do that. Give me a break.

She has no allegiance to anyone. She is the one that stirs the pot, and then steps back and says I didn’t do it.