Trusted Contributor

Re: Poll: Do you always read in a chair? I can NOT read in bed!

@RinaRina 

I know exactly what you mean! If I’m reclining on the couch reading I find myself dozing off. 

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach 

Always, read anything I can get my hands on.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I never thought about it but I never read in bed.  I read in my chair or propped up on the couch but never in bed.  It's always been that way for me.  

Honored Contributor

Used to read in bed, but now I prefer a recliner with just the footrest raised.

Respected Contributor

I've always read when and where I could. Chairs, benches, bed, back seats of cars, floor, waiting room. bathtub, wherever.

I often read before bed. When I was younger, it wasn't uncommon for me to be kept up very late with a book I was reading in bed. Now that's far less common and I'm lucky to get 5 pages read before I start to fall asleep. Occasionally I'll pick a real page-turner and be up reading until 2 am or later, but mostly not.

Honored Contributor

No.  I read wherever I want.  I like to lay on the sofa sometimes and read.  Sitting up in a chair or the sofa; in bed.  You name it.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

I can and do read everywhere.  It makes no difference.

I also can watch TV and read a book at the same time, or read a book and talk on the phone....and when I was working, I could talk to someone on the phone and type something on the PC at at the same time.

I know, it's weird.  I have been doing this since I was a child.  It's second nature to me.

@Carmie: OMG!!! Reading a book and talking on the phone at the same time??? I can barely walk and chew gum at the same time! Smiley Tongue 

Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q   When I was a kid, my mother would always tell me that I was nutty and to concentrate on one thing at a time.

i never learned to do this...it just came naturally and I thought everyone could do it.

When I was a CSR, I would talk to a new customer on the phone while doing data entry to document the previous call I just took.  My coworkers couldn't believe it.  

I guess it's a gift..it never gave me any fame or fortune though.

Valued Contributor

During the day I usually read in an overstuffed chair with an ottoman. At night, I read in my sleep number bed, which I can set for the "read" position.

Honored Contributor

Since I read on average about 6 books per week I have to read a lot on my stationary bike or my backside would be a house.   I go back and forth between my couch and the bike with small breaks in between going to the office and doing housework!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."