Esteemed Contributor

Re: Poll: Do you always read in a chair? I can NOT read in bed!

recliner - listen to audio books in car

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Location doesn't matter.

Honored Contributor

I can and do read everywhere.  It makes no difference.

I also can watch TV and read a book at the same time, or read a book and talk on the phone....and when I was working, I could talk to someone on the phone and type something on the PC at at the same time.

I know, it's weird.  I have been doing this since I was a child.  It's second nature to me.

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

I’m a reader,  the location is not that important.

sofa

chair

bed

airplane

beach

i can read pretty much anywhere.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I always read in bed; it's the place where it's most comfortable and I always have.  My couch isn't comfortable and I don't have a comfy chair either. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia , get one of these...book clip on light.  I use these when reading, especially when travelling.  Costco sells them in sets of two.  LM.

1CD112BB-1A47-4638-9C72-38DD364F2C7E.png

Honored Contributor

I read magazines and catalogs, etc. on the couch while watching t.v. sitting up.  I read when I go to bed propped up with several pillows --- it relaxes me and helps to get my mind off of other things.  I often fall asleep while reading and then the next evening I have to re-read a couple pages but I don't mind! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I mostly read on my lunch hour at work, so definitely in a chair. However on the weekends I read at home, usually propped up in my bed.....That makes me really sleepy though.....lol!

Honored Contributor

Sometimes at the kitchen table, but more often in bed.

However, I am always reading everything everywhere: labels in grocery stores, signs along the highway, notices from local entities (HOA, utilities, etc.)

I do have to say I loved reading on the train when I commuted.  It was a great place to have time I knew would be uninterrupted.  And I wouldn't fall asleep.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Mostly I read in a comfortable chair.  I can't read for long in bed because long spells of reading make me sleepy.  Also in bed reading is sometimes done on my side, and I get stiff from holding my head up with my arm, etc.  I used to do that a lot as a child, but can no longer do it.