Respected Contributor

Poll: Do you always read in a chair? I can NOT read in bed!

Lately, I've increased my reading significantly, but noticed I MUST be sitting upright in a chair.  If I dare try to read before bedtime, I'll doze right off .. very annoying if it's only 7:30PM.   Cat Mad

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Poll: Do you always read in a chair? I can NOT read in bed!

I prefer to read on my living room couch, stretched out with a pillow behind my back. It does not bother me to read in bed, but I tend not to do it. Reading does not make me sleepy,  I tend to loose track of time while reading before bed, or I fall into the trap of telling myself just a little bit more and then before I know it way too much time has passed which is not a good thing when you have to get up for work in the morning. 

Honored Contributor

I’m a reader,  the location is not that important.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Never read in bed....always in a chair.

i used to watch tv in bed, but not anymore.   I don't go to bed til I'm ready to sleep.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've switched gears. I used to read most of the time sitting in a chair. Then it was about even between a chair and in bed, now I most often read in bed.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I do read in a chair, always.  I might read in bed but I haven't a good reading lamp there.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I'm always in the middle of a book. I read everywhere, and I especially like reading when I go to bed. I read on a Kindle, so I don't need the light on, and .I just read till I fall asleep. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I enjoy reading while soaking in a bubble bath otherwise I will read in bed but not at bed time.

Honored Contributor

I read mostly in bed with my lighted Kindle.   I'll also read at the kitchen table or the sofa in the family room.

Trusted Contributor

Anywhere that is quiet is fine for me! Put a good book in my hands and I'm content! 📖