Trusted Contributor
Oh my gardenman.  I finished reading Sara X last night and loved it.  It was one of the best books I've read in a long time.  There was suspense, intrigue, mystery.  Had to force myself to put the book down to go to bed.  Read it over a period of 3 nights because I didn't want it to end.  It truly was a page turner.  Call me old-fashioned but I always buy paperbacks because I like the feel of the book in my hand and turning the pages.  I won't spoil the ending in case someone here still wants to read it but the ending was a total surprise.  Who is that person?  How do they know each other and does Sara work for/with them?  The same goes for Charlie.  How did she meet him and what is their connection?  Would love to know what happened to the Underwoods.  I was hoping she set them up for life on some island far away.  Sara X would make an excellent movie as I was imagining all the special effects along with the story itself.  My sister and I were driving somewhere Friday and I was telling her all about the book but she told me not to tell her any more about it because she wants to read it before I donate it.  I looked at her and said "Donate?  I would NEVER donate one of gardenman's books - they're mine!"  As I recall you were working on a 2nd Sara X book.  Any idea when it will be out?  I will be anxiously awaiting for her next adventure.

Oh, almost forgot something.  Knowing what Sara did for a living I was beginning to think there was something wrong with me because I was rooting for her but mid-way through I understood why she did the things she was doing.

Honored Contributor

@sabra   @gardenman  Gardenman is an author and wrote this book?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor
I read Sara X about a year ago and thoroughly enjoyed it! Gardenman's The Campaign and To Rise or Fall are also very, very good!
Honored Contributor

@sabra

I'm glad you liked "Sara X." It was featured in Jason Chen's Political Thriller StoryBundle from September into early November and sold around 500 copies then. It's been selling a few copies now and then since then. It's a pretty neat story. I've always been intrigued by the idea of someone finding a way to kill with the deaths always appearing natural. Having a presidential candidate who's first wife was removed in such a manner who then wishes to make sure that information never became public gave me a good storyline. It's kind of an odd story where you find yourself rooting for the killer, but it works.

There's a sequel to Sara X that's more or less finished, but it's a tad short. In that sequel she's hired eliminate a Bernie Sanders type candidate, but along the way she ends up assisting him and bringing down the more mainstream candidate. It's loosely based on this last election cycle.

With the new job and the long hours I'm putting in, along with the normal springtime lawn and garden stuff I'm finding it hard to find time to write. Yesterday was a day off, but I had to shop, do some housework, mow the grass, take off the pond cover, and more and never got around to writing. I've gone from writing four to six hours a day to writing whenever I can find a few spare minutes and I might only do an hour a week now. But hey, I've got income again and that's good. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Yes, he wrote this book along with several others.  I've also read The Campaign and enjoyed it.

Trusted Contributor

@sassenach1 wrote:
I read Sara X about a year ago and thoroughly enjoyed it! Gardenman's The Campaign and To Rise or Fall are also very, very good!

I also enjoyed The Campaign.  I'll have to order To Rise or Fall next.

Trusted Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@sabra

I'm glad you liked "Sara X." It was featured in Jason Chen's Political Thriller StoryBundle from September into early November and sold around 500 copies then. It's been selling a few copies now and then since then. It's a pretty neat story. I've always been intrigued by the idea of someone finding a way to kill with the deaths always appearing natural. Having a presidential candidate who's first wife was removed in such a manner who then wishes to make sure that information never became public gave me a good storyline. It's kind of an odd story where you find yourself rooting for the killer, but it works.

There's a sequel to Sara X that's more or less finished, but it's a tad short. In that sequel she's hired eliminate a Bernie Sanders type candidate, but along the way she ends up assisting him and bringing down the more mainstream candidate. It's loosely based on this last election cycle.

With the new job and the long hours I'm putting in, along with the normal springtime lawn and garden stuff I'm finding it hard to find time to write. Yesterday was a day off, but I had to shop, do some housework, mow the grass, take off the pond cover, and more and never got around to writing. I've gone from writing four to six hours a day to writing whenever I can find a few spare minutes and I might only do an hour a week now. But hey, I've got income again and that's good. 

I'm a patient person so let us know when the sequel is done.  It sounds like it's going to be another winner.  I had to chuckle at your last sentence in the 2nd paragraph - lol.  I knew you had a new job but didn't realize you were putting in such long hours.  I'm happy for you because I know you looked for quite a while for the right job.  Yes, having income is a very good thing!

Just a tad over a month and Big Brother starts - can't wait!

Honored Contributor

@sabra wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Yes, he wrote this book along with several others.  I've also read The Campaign and enjoyed it.

@sabra  Great!  I've downloaded it and am going to read it, although it's not my usual fare.  Sounds very exciting. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@gardenman   I have just put your three books into my Kindle list of books to read. 

It must be a humbling but exciting feeling to see your books published.

Congratulations!

Honored Contributor

@Big Sister 

It's a fun thing, but also a bit unnerving. You're never sure how people will respond to what you've written. I was most confident in "The Campaign" as that made the semi-finals (then the top fifty of five thousand general fiction entries) in the 2012 Amazon Breakthrough Novels Award and earned a very positive Publisher's Weekly review. PW called it a "fun romp," a "charming tale," and concluded with  "An original plot, solid characters, and a good jolt of humor make this a winner." It missed the cut to the top three but I like to think it finished fourth, but it could have finished fiftieth, but even fiftieth out of five thousand entries isn't bad.

Colleen Hoover, the now ten time NY TImes best selling YA author, was also an entrant in the 2012 ABNA, so there was some pretty good company in that year's entries.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!