Esteemed Contributor

Paging @Big Sister (and Everyone) re: Kindle Keyboard

[ Edited ]

Hi @Big Sister Last night I took out my Kindle Keyboard to see if it's still working, and I see I need a little help. I know you're the "Kindle Keyboard Queen" and you know more about it than anyone I know.

I haven't used this in years so I'm quite rusty in the workings of this Kindle. Is there a User's Manual online that can help me with some of the buttons and settings? I know I had it but I can't find it. For example, I charged it up and it's running now, but when I wanted to shut it down, I forgot how! Is the Power Button the key at the bottom that slides left and right? If so, what is the other button at the bottom? I slid what I think was the Power button but the screen didn't turn BLACK. It just erased the writing, and the screen went blank, but it didn't seem like it was shut down. Being I charged it up and it took a few hours to get it to the green light, I don't want to waste the battery if it's only "sleeping" and not shut down completely. I don't even remember if this kindle even has a "sleep mode."

I'd appreciate any help from you or anyone else here who is still using the "antique" Keyboard! I think it's a great reader and it could still be my favorite...IF ONLY IT WAS BACKLIT!

Thanks in advance!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: Paging @Big Sister (and Everyone) re: Kindle Keyboard

@sunala You might get more help if you cut and paste your post to the Electronics forum. Just a thought!

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@sunala You might get more help if you cut and paste your post to the Electronics forum. Just a thought!

@Love my grandkids- great idea; thank you! I never think of the electronics board because to me it's a foreign country. Thanks for the heads up.

Honored Contributor

@sunala Or you can click on "report inappropriate" and request that your post be moved to the Electronics Forum! I've had to do that once. Best of luck!

Respected Contributor

Go to: Manage Your Content and Devices.     Where is says show books, click there and close to the bottom it says Dictionaries and user guides.   Unless you've deleted it, it should be there.

All kindles shut off after 10 minutes.  Dx's 20.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

@debic wrote:

Go to: Manage Your Content and Devices.     Where is says show books, click there and close to the bottom it says Dictionaries and user guides.   Unless you've deleted it, it should be there.

All kindles shut off after 10 minutes.  Dx's 20.   

hi @debic

@Love my grandkids

Thanks so much for your help. I was able to find the user manual and I'm ready to rock and roll! I now have three Kindles, with books I want to read on all of them. THOUSANDS of books, I might add.

When am I going to find the time to read them??????