Trusted Contributor

I just read Jodie Picoult's House Rules and I couldn't read it fast enough!  I don't want to give away any spoilers so the basic premise of the book deals with the repercussions of a young man diagnosed with Asperger's who is accused of a violent crime.  The fallout affects every single family member in the most profound way.  Jodie Picoult hooked me from page one.

Regular Contributor

Jodi Picolt is a favorite of mine.Such thought provoking subjects! The one about the abortion clinic is excellent. The one about white supremists is also great.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the great book review @nova

I enjoy her books and will add this one to my list. 

Trusted Contributor

My daughter-in-law just recommended Jodie Picoult's Leaving Time.  It's about a woman who never stopped thinking about what happened to her mother who mysteriously disappeared.  The mother was working in an elephant sanctuary abroad.  My d-i-l said it's got emotion & a twist.  

Respected Contributor

I've lost interest in Jodi Picoult since I heard that she employs helpers to write parts of her books (James Patterson's method).

Trusted Contributor
@insomniac2, wow, I didn't know about that with JP! I loved most of her books!
Trusted Contributor
Not surprised about James Patterson, though! He seems to a have new book published every few months and I loved his earlier books but now, not so much!