Honored Contributor

Re: OCTOBER 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

@SWEET wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

Mentioned by @abbalulu in post #16.

BOOK: Home Sweet Tiny Home

Author: Melody Carlson

A widow in her mid 50's decides to quit her job, sell her 5000 square foot home and buy a 300 square foot tiny home. Everything falls into place with hardly a glitch, although her adult children have their doubts. The story plays out like a Hallmark movie.

@AuntG @abbalulu 

Thanks for mentioning this.  Looks like a cute read though I've read a lot of books like this I'm still putting it on my to read on GR.  It's categorized as Christian ficton.  How "Christian" is it?  I've read books that are totally in your face Christian to me and some that hardly are.  Does that make sense? 

@abbalulu the Christianity seemed to be just a by product of the way the characters lived. I live pretty much the same way in that I go to church and we say a table prayer so nothing seemed unusual to me. I noticed that this author did not have her characters swear. These are the kinds of books I prefer over graphic and violent ones.

Honored Contributor

Finished a really good book, read it in 2 days, it was called SAFE AT HOME... It was really really good......

Now back to The Red Book!!!!! lol!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Messy Lives Of Book People, by Phaedra Patrick.  

Liv has three cleaning jobs while putting two sons through college with her self-employed and overworked husband.  One of Liv's cleaning jobs is her favorite author, Essie. 

Liv wrote to her as a young girl about her own desire to be an author one day herself.  So, when the job came up Liv was delighted to learn is was in the home of her favorite author.  Liv and Essie have a fine but superficial relationship over the years.  Essie passes away and leaves instructions her death is not to be reported for 6 months and only on the date of November 1st.  Also, book 20 of her series is to be completed by Liv. and must be in the Publisher's hand by Nov. 1st. 

Only Liv and Essie's attorney know about any of this, not even Liv's husband.  Liv as to balance the lies to everyone, doing what her heart as always longed to do, writing, and completing this monstrous task.  As the November 1st deadline comes closer Liv will learn exactly what the Nov. 1st date really means.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  Who is the author for "Safe At Home"?

Trusted Contributor

Really excited. To start reading a new book by John Irving today. THE LAST CHAIRLIFT. It's been a long time since he put out a new book,love his books!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN  Who is the author for "Safe At Home"?

@CareBears Lauren North-it was soo good. Let me know if you end up reading it. I think you will really like it!

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you like rom-coms you might enjoy The Bodyguard by Katherine Center.  

Hannah looks like a kindergarten teacher when in fact she has had bodyguard assignments all around the world.  

When she experiences losses in her life she finds herself in competition with her ex boyfriend to take an assignment in London but only if she will take an assignment guarding a famous movie star first.  It's the last thing she wants to do but is willing to to get to London.

All is Bright By RaeAnne Thayne.  A return to her series about Hopes Crossing.  A  Christmas story in which the characters face physical and emotional challenges.  It's a story in which an architect devotes her life designing homes for the physically challenged and finds happiness while redoing a home for a physically handicapped former baseball star.

Respected Contributor

I just finished Monkeys by Susan Minot in a few hours.  It was only 157 pages and fast reading. Another family book which was chunky since all of a sudden it's years later in mostly every chapter it seemed.  It was good though.

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  I had to ask the library to order it, cross your fingers that they do!

Honored Contributor

Racing the Light (An Elvis Cole and Joe Pike Novel)Debuts November 1st Amazon.