Respected Contributor

Re: OCTOBER 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

Finished Susanne Pari's In The Time Of Our History.  It was a good family story.

Honored Contributor

Finished THE NEW WIFE, it was very good and had twists right up to the very end!

I am now starting DO YOU REMEMBER, by Freida McFadden!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  Both good books!

Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012  I really enjoyed Marrying the Ketchup's and requested our library to order A lady for a Duke, and just looked and they ordered it. thanks for highlighting this book!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MoJoV  Is a Stranger In A lifeboat. a crying one?  I have yet to read one of Mitch Alboms books that I did not cry, I have to prepare myself emotionally for his stories.

Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears  It is kind of an emotional novel, but I didn't cry. Interesting throughout, keeps you reading.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@dawglover  I'm reading 

Deception Cove

by  Owen   Laukkanen,

It's really different-guy gets out of prison (nice guy) and first thing he wants to do is find the dog the prison gave him to train-most prisoners got dogs-six months befor his sentence was up. So he finds out where the dog is and after meeting the owner, a PTS marine, tells him "Lucy" was her dog till he bit a deputy and she is set to be destroyed. Long story short, they bond and make it their priority to find out her hidden location and save her-together. Since the author also has a dog named Lucy, I can't imagine he would ever let her die in the book. That's my thinking and I'm going with it.

I haven't even met Lucy yet but when he talks about her I already love her. So I'm very early on in this book. This guy is really smart and I love the way he gets things done. And I know once I meet her I will Love Lucy. Sorry, couldn't resist that last bit.

Trusted Contributor

@Judaline Sounds good, I will check it out!  By the way, my library just made the upcoming Robert Crais book RACING THE LIGHT available to reserve in advance.  I'm #2 and can't wait to read it on November 1st.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's what I've been reading lately:

THE MEASURE by Nikki Erlick - this is a very original and imaginative book that leans a bit toward science fiction and dystopian literature.  It's not my usual kind of book, but I'm glad I read it. The plot is that one morning, everyone over 22 wakes up with a wooden box outside their door.  The box contains a string that predicts how long or short your life will be.  The book raises the question of do you want to know how long you will live and what changes would you make in your life if you knew?  Very thought-provoking.

I'm currently reading RIGHTEOUS PREY, the new Lucas Davenport/Virgil Flowers book by John Sandford.  Very good, as always.

I have 3 books waiting in the wings that sounded good to me:

A BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO MURDER by Rosalind Stopps

THE BUTCHER AND THE WREN by Alaina Urquhart

TWO NIGHTS IN LISBON by Chris Pavone  (recommended by @smoky22)

Lots of great reading ahead!

Honored Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

@Judaline Sounds good, I will check it out!  By the way, my library just made the upcoming Robert Crais book RACING THE LIGHT available to reserve in advance.  I'm #2 and can't wait to read it on November 1st.

YES!