Honored Contributor

Re: OCTOBER 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

Book - THE HIDDEN ONE

Author - Linda Castillo

Book #14 in the Kate Burkholder series

Kate is a police chief in a small Amish town in Ohio. In this book, she takes some time off to investigate a murder in Pennsylvania. This is one of my favorite book series. I just realized I hadn't read the two previous releases so I'll need to get caught up. Luckily, it's not imperative this series be read in order.

Honored Contributor

Finished Do You Rememeber, by Freida McFadden, it was so good!!!!! I did have a lot of it figured out, but there was still a zinger you didn't see coming!!! Love her books!

I am now starting James Patterson's THE RED BOOK...

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Book - THE HIDDEN ONE

Author - Linda Castillo

Book #14 in the Kate Burkholder series

Kate is a police chief in a small Amish town in Ohio. In this book, she takes some time off to investigate a murder in Pennsylvania. This is one of my favorite book series. I just realized I hadn't read the two previous releases so I'll need to get caught up. Luckily, it's not imperative this series be read in order.

@AuntG 

She is one of my favorite authors. I really enjoy the Kate Burkholder series. I read them in order. I space them out so I have not caught up to where you are at yet. 

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

I am just finishing up Into the Pines, Kendra Elliot.  It is only 281 pages which is why I tell myself I kept reading...because it was so short.  I should have PTB.  LM

Okay, I'm not too bright @Lilysmom1. What does PTB mean? I came up with things like Place To Be and Pass The Buck. In relation to reading, maybe Purchased The Book. 

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG 

Pull the bookmark. @Lilysmom taught me this as well. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dawg lover  Regarding Two Nights in Lisbon, I'm always reluctant to recommend a book because I feel like my taste can be a little weird.  Hope you like it, but if not, that's fine. 

I'm on waitlist for Racing The Light, but as usual, it will be awhile before I get it.  Looking forward to your review.

I just placed The Measure on waitlist.  It sounds interesting.

Respected Contributor

@smoky22 , checking these out, thanks!  LM

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@icezeus @AuntG , I am getting better at this.  I used to read everything to the end.  Not anymore.  ðŸ˜ŠLM

Honored Contributor

Not a new read, but I'm rereading James Herriot's "All Creatures Great and Small." I'm replacing many of my old, beloved hardcover books with their Kindle versions. Oddly enough, yesterday Amazon had both All Creatures and it's follow-up, "All Things Bright and Beautiful" in a combo deal for $3.99 when Bright and Beautiful retails for $6.49-$9.99 by itself, so I now have two copies of All Creatures on my Kindle along with Bright and Beautiful.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

I finally finished The Witching Hour by Anne Rice! It was an over 1,000 - page slog, but I really enjoyed it, especially the ending.

I am currently tearing through The Marriage Portrait by Maggie O'Farrell. This book explores the brief marriage of Lucrezia de Cosimio de Medici to Alfonso II d'Este, Duke of Ferrara in the mid 1500s. The book begins with Lucrezia riding to a hunting camp where, she believes, her husband intends to murder her.  The plot goes back and forth from this impending danger to her past life.