Esteemed Contributor

Re: OCTOBER 2021 HAPPY READING TO ALL. LET'S HEAR ABOUT YOUR FAVORITES

Just finished The Music Of Bees by Eileen Garvin. I enjoyed this book!  I find information about Bee Keeping very interesting, every bee has a job and they all work together to maintain the hive,  But it also contained relationships forming between a widow and 2 young men who had lived hard lives with no direction, it was heart warming to read how the 3 of them developed their friendship to become family!  Of course there had to be villains and this did not disappoint!

Respected Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

Just finished The Music Of Bees by Eileen Garvin. I enjoyed this book!  I find information about Bee Keeping very interesting, every bee has a job and they all work together to maintain the hive,  But it also contained relationships forming between a widow and 2 young men who had lived hard lives with no direction, it was heart warming to read how the 3 of them developed their friendship to become family!  Of course there had to be villains and this did not disappoint!

@CareBears 

I couldn't finish this book and grew bored very early on.  To me, it wouldn't get to the point of the book. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'll be starting Ann Cleeves "The Heron's Cry." It's her 2nd book with detective Matther Venn. I like her other books, so this should be another good one. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I'll be starting Ann Cleeves "The Heron's Cry." It's her 2nd book with detective Matther Venn. I like her other books, so this should be another good one. 

I don't know about the book (will check it out!) but I love the title, lol.

Honored Contributor

Chance Of A Lifetime, by Jude Deveraux and Tara Sheets;  bk. 1
This unlikely couple meet in the 1840's in Ireland and fall in love.  However, the scoundrel thief, Liam as upset the plans made for Cora and she does not end up with the man she should marry.  Now Liam's immortal soul is stuck in the in between after their tragic deaths.  The angels give him another chance with Cora in 2020 to bring her back to the right man.  Who also now exists in 2020 as well.

An Impossible Promise, by Jude Deveraux and Tara Sheets;  bk. 2
Liam as still not been able to restore the fate of Cora's life from the 1840's and get his own soul into Heaven.  As partners on the Police force iin North Carolina they are together a great deal solving murders.   Cora finds her heart is struggling with dreams (or are they really memories) of Liam while seeing a local attorney/friend in a whole new light.  Maybe he is not so nerdy after all.

Once In A Lifetime, by Mary Monroe.  Happily single and lovingly caring for absolutely everyone from her Mom and Dad, siblings and her friends Vanessa still loves to travel a great deal.  Her newly applied for passport comes up missing and she has to cancel her Christmas trip to Paris.  But the woman who receives the passport by mistake in her mail ends up changing Vannessa's life.  All for the good.
"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

Just finished Saving Noah by Lucinda Berry, yes it was a controversial subject, but the ending had me in tears, if you can get through the subject this ended up   being a very good book!

@CareBears I cried for a whole day after reading this book!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I just finished Traded by Tess Thompson.  The book starts with Kara Biggs waiting for U. S. Marshalls as she enters the Witness Protection Program.  They move her from Philly to Cliffside, California, where she will have a new identify and her previous life rewritten.

The book starts out really well, but, unfortunately, it becomes ridiculous.  No one in that program swears new friends to their secret when it is clear that once the tabloids are aware (and in this case, that could easily happen), she could be killed.

This was book 1 of 2 and free, but I would not pay for the second book.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

Finished Red Velvet by Carla Luna.  A sort of corny chick lit (friends to lovers) during a wedding when he was posing as her friend with benefits man.

Valued Contributor

Yesterday, I completed Heather Morris' Three Sisters. I have read many books about Holocaust victims and their families; this one is among the best historical fiction books that I have read.

Today, I intend to begin  Our Women in Moscow by Beatriz Williams.

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN I am currently reading The Perfect Child by Lucina Berry, what a hard to read book,but again it is so good!