Esteemed Contributor

Re: OCTOBER 2021 HAPPY READING TO ALL. LET'S HEAR ABOUT YOUR FAVORITES

I just finished The Haunted Watchtower, book 5 of the Italian Village Mysteries, by Adriana Licio.  Normally, I like her books, but I found that I was page through quite a bit and I already knew how the book would end.  I would not even consider this to be a Halloween mystery, except for the mystery of how people can be taken in by politicians and corruption.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I just finished Epilogue of an Epitaph, book 8 of St. Marin's Cozy Mystery Series, by ACF Bookens.  The book was ok.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

Just finished Make You Feel My Love by Robin Lee Hatcher, I really enjoyed this book!  New author for me, after checking our library she has a number of books to choose from, and I have put on hold another one, and am now following her on Amazon!

Wonderful author and one that I just see her name on a book at the New Release shelves and pick up not reading anything about the book.  Never disappointed me.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

The Book Of Accidents, by Chuck Wendig.  I just started this huge book yesterday and there are many characters with chapters telling different stories from different time periods.  Some have are now intersecting and coming together toward this mysterious realm.  Is it evil from this world or evil from beyond or both?   

I must admit about three chapters in I had to go back and look and make sure I had not picked up a Stephen King novel.  Even after more chapters I turned back to the cover of the book to remind myself this was not a King novel.  It really has his style.

The Turnout, by Megan Abbott.  Two sisters who grew up dancing in their Mother's ballet studio, who herself was a ballerina.  Now after the deaths of their parents the sisters own the studio.  One sister married one of the few male dancers in their world at the tender age of 16.  Now in their mid twenties a man threatens their home, their business and the family these three have created together.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@smoky22 wrote:

I'm just starting Hostage by Clare Macintosh.  Everyone on here seems to love it.  Hope I do too. 

I just finished this book.....I loved it.  It really kept your interest and the ending was great.

Honored Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

I'm getting ready to start Laura Levine's new Jaine Austen cozy mystery, MURDER GETS A MAKEOVER.  Her books are always fun, with plenty of laughs.

Wow, haven't heard her name in quite a while-forgot all about her! I can't even remember where I left off. Guess I'll check out her list and try to remember. (wish me luck with that!)

Respected Contributor

I'm late to the party reading Kristin Hannah's The Four Winds.  I found it in my own Little Free Library and I'm grateful since I don't buy books nor go to the library.

I don't read that many books that I give 5 stars to and read an almost 500 page book in 2 days. 

I'm spent emotionally from this book and I need a nap or a glass of wine (later of course).

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished The Dream Daughter by Diane Chamberlain, once again I emotionally exhausted after reading this book, but I loved it!  It deals with time travel, very very good book!

Honored Contributor

I finished THE NANNY, by Gilly Macmillan, it was really good!

I am now reading THE DILEMMA, by B.A. Paris, I have read this author before and have really enjoyed her books!

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  I enjoyed both books, happy reading!