Valued Contributor

Re: OCTOBER 2021 HAPPY READING TO ALL. LET'S HEAR ABOUT YOUR FAVORITES

@Epicurean wrote:

I am. enjoying THE JEALOUSY MAN by Jo Nesbo. It's very different from usual. It's a book of short stories. 
Will really miss ithis site as so many of us like to read similar books and nice to chat with other "book, people".

Wow! How did I miss that title? Thanks for the tip. The Jealousy Man will go on my BTBR list. I am interested to see how Nesbo works in a different genre.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Epicurean wrote:

I am. enjoying THE JEALOUSY MAN by Jo Nesbo. It's very different from usual. It's a book of short stories. 
Will really miss ithis site as so many of us like to read similar books and nice to chat with other "book, people".

@Epicurean 

I will continue to post the monthly book thread and post books that I have read on it as long as QVC keeps these boards open. Honestly,  I do not believe it will be long. However, I could be wrong.  

I primarily post on the new site, I even started the book thread over there, but I could never leave me fellow lovers of all things books here at the Q. 

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished LIGHT OF Luna Park by Addison Armstrong, after reading this book I am emotionally drained, I cried through most of the book, it was an outstanding book, but have tissues close by!

Trusted Contributor

So,I didn't like Jo Nesbos newest,but I really enjoyed WE ARE NOT LIKE THEM. I am currently reading Alive Hoffman's newest THE BOOK OF MAGIC .It's # 4 in her practical magic series.It's. A prequel of her others.Love Alice Hoffman and her witches

Honored Contributor

Leda And The Swan, by Anna Caritj;  Halloween night on a college campus and one classmate comes up missing.  Another classmate believes she may have been the last person to see her get in a car with someone dressed as a Skeleton.  But Leda herself had been drinking heavily and is not even sure of what she did or did not do that night and with whom or was it even consensual?

No Hiding In Boise, by Kim Hooper.  A mass shooting in a bar in Boise brings three women together in different circumstances of the shooting and the suicidal shooter himself.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I loved The Floating Feldmans by Elyssa Friedland.  I just finished The Last Summer At The Golden Hotel.  It was a trip to the Summer of the 1970s when my parents used to visit various hotels in the Catskills.  Also, cue Dirty Dancing.  It wasn't as good or funny or dysfunctional as TFF but it was enjoyable nonetheless.

Trusted Contributor

I just finished A Few Drops of Bitters by GA McKevett. It's book 26 in the cozy mystery Savannah Reid series. I've been a fan of the series - enjoyed the strong female lead, her quirky bunch of family and friends, all mixed in with a mystery. But this book was a major disappointment. Instead of reading a mystery, it was all about the new 6 year old foster son and the wedding of her sister to a millionaire actor. The dynamics of a hard working family just went up into the air as the book went on and on about all of the expensive gifts the actor was giving the family. I know when an author gets 20+ books in a series they probably get bored and want to spice up the story lines but this felt like the TV show Rosanne the year they decided to have them win the lottery. I went on goodreads to see reviews if other loyal readers of the series felt the same way however all i found were all 4 or 5 glowing star reviews but most had disclaimer they got the book for free. Call me crazy but I don't take any of these types of reviews seriously since it's like people who get free beauty items for their reviews. People do good reviews to keep getting the free stuff. (I got the book for free at my library - had it on hold for several months waiting for it's arrival). I've realized that I'm just ranting now LOL guess I've become too attached to these characters and sad to see them change. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SWEET I thought the ending of The Last Summer At the Golden Hotel was ridiculous. The book wasn't bad, especially if you can relate on some level. Not a waste of time, just not a great book.

Respected Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@SWEET I thought the ending of The Last Summer At the Golden Hotel was ridiculous. The book wasn't bad, especially if you can relate on some level. Not a waste of time, just not a great book.

@Janey2 

First of all, hi from one Janey to another!  I decided not to use my real name on here!  My mother used to spell it Janie and then I changed it in high school and it's been that way every since! 

I didn't like the ending either and especially in 2054?  That's a little far fetched for me.  I've read a lot of books in my lifetime and never has it been that far into the future.

I was disappointed in this one.  I found The Floating Feldmans a laugh a page.  The back of the book had an excerpt of her new one coming out in Summer 2022.

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@Janey2 wrote:

@Janey2 

First of all, hi from one Janey to another!  I decided not to use my real name on here!  My mother used to spell it Janie and then I changed it in high school and it's been that way every since! 

I didn't like the ending either and especially in 2054?  That's a little far fetched for me.  I've read a lot of books in my lifetime and never has it been that far into the future.

I was disappointed in this one.  I found The Floating Feldmans a laugh a page.  The back of the book had an excerpt of her new one coming out in Summer 2022.

I adored the Feldmans.  I cannot wait for the next book.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."