Trusted Contributor

Re: OCTOBER 2021 HAPPY READING TO ALL. LET'S HEAR ABOUT YOUR FAVORITES

[ Edited ]

I have two books in transit to me from the library, and I am looking forward to them both:

THE MAN WHO DIED TWICE by Richard Osman - the sequel to THE THURSDAY MURDER CLUB.

STRIKING RANGE by Margaret Mizushima - #7 in her series about Robo the tracking dog and his handler, who works for the police force in the Colorado mountains.

(attn: @Judaline)

Honored Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

STRIKING RANGE by Margaret Mizushima - #7 in her series about Robo the tracking dog and his handler, who works for the police force in the Colorado mountains.

(attn: @Judaline)

Oh, yeah, I just picked it up. Of course my other two books came in so now I have 3 and they're all new and probably non-renewable. Oh, well, that's the way the cooking crumbles I guess. Thanks Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@dawg lover  The Man Who Died Twice is my next Zoom Book Club selection.  Can't wait to see how this one goes!  

Super Contributor

Looking forward to reading The Morning Star by Karl Ove Knausgaard. It's a little out of my price range at the moment. But I'm scouting sales at various places to get as a  Christmas gift to myself. Wish QVC would offer it on Easy Pay. 

Respected Contributor

Tarytoo, check out Abe Books. The prices are often less expensive, and many of their listings call for free shipping. You should be able to buy your book for around $16.

Respected Contributor

Just finished The Last Flight, Julie Clark, a story about two women who escape their life by switching flights.  A good read.  LM

Valued Contributor

I just finished  NOT A HAPPY FAMILY, by Sheri LaPena, I LOVED that book! The twist and turns  and  the ending... She is one of my favorite writers!

Honored Contributor

We Were Never Here, by Andrea Bartz;  two friends who love to go traveling in foreign countries together but who also leave behind  a couple of dead men.  Then one friend finds out there maybe more dead people in her "besties" life.  Accidents, bad luck or murder?

Complications, by Danielle Steel.  A renovation to a beautiful hotel in  France.  But comes with many problems while guests meet over these catastrophes and their lives are never the same.  Typical Danielle but nice to fill an afternoon with.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Just read over in Qtalk that all boards are being discontinued on Nov. 2nd. Smiley Sad

I will miss my reading buddies terribly if this is true.   

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012  I just saw the same thing.  If it wasn't for this forum, I would still be listening to the radio in my car rather than Audibles.  Got many great suggestions from here.  Very bummed to see it go; will miss everyone.