Esteemed Contributor

OCTOBER 2021 HAPPY READING TO ALL. LET'S HEAR ABOUT YOUR FAVORITES

We have finally entered the fall season. I am grateful for the cooler weather.

It's time for warm drinks and good books.

Respected Contributor

Re: OCTOBER 2021 HAPPY READING TO ALL. LET'S HEAR ABOUT YOUR FAVORITES

@icezeus , it is cool this morning befitting the turning of the calendar into October.

Thanks for keeping our readers going.

Currently reading The Last Flight, Julie Clark.  It is about a woman trying to flee a bad marriage.  Only just started it so no opinion yet.  Good Reads rates it 4.12/5 *.  LM

Respected Contributor

I'm reading Black Widows by Cate Quinn.  Blake Nelson is a polygamist who is found murdered.  Police suspect it's one of the three wives.  But which one?  The narrative alternates between the three women.  Despite some of the dark material, domestic abuse, polygamy, and religious cults, the author  makes it an enjoyable read.     

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@icezeus , it is cool this morning befitting the turning of the calendar into October.

Thanks for keeping our readers going.

Currently reading The Last Flight, Julie Clark.  It is about a woman trying to flee a bad marriage.  Only just started it so no opinion yet.  Good Reads rates it 4.12/5 *.  LM

@Lilysmom1 

I read this book a few months back. I rated the book 4/5. I do not want to say anymore. (smile)

Esteemed Contributor

@smoky22 wrote:

I'm reading Black Widows by Cate Quinn.  Blake Nelson is a polygamist who is found murdered.  Police suspect it's one of the three wives.  But which one?  The narrative alternates between the three women.  Despite some of the dark material, domestic abuse, polygamy, and religious cults, the author  makes it an enjoyable read.     

@smoky22 

I will add to my TBR list. 

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished The Mother-In-Law by Sally Hepworth, IMO the  first part of this was OK but not great, but it really took a turn for the better,  and the ending was epic, never saw it coming!

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom1   I thought The Last Flight was one of the better books I read this year.  Hope you like it.  

Honored Contributor

@icezeus   thank you for starting this month's thread. Smiley Happy 

I just finished listening to Shelter Me, by Juliette Fay.  I LOVED it. It made me laugh, cry, smile and think!  The narrator was fabulous. I'm fairly new to audio books. I'm learning, at least for me, a narrator can make or break a book.  

I'm reading The Beach House by Rachel Hanna.  So far, so good! 

Searching for another good book to listen to.............I'll let you know when I find it. Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

I just finished reading Murder by the Quay, book 9 of the Arnold Landon mystery series, by Roy Lewis.  This was not as much of a murder mystery as it was a great deal of info on the Knight Templar, which I found extremely interesting.  The real action of the book took place almost at the end.  This is a good series but different from many mysteries in that Arnold is not a detective but an expert (taught by his father and then many hours researching) on historical artifacts dating back to the 10th century or sometimes even earlier.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

My zoom Book Club assignment will be the last 100 pages of NOT A HAPPY FAMILY by SHARI LAPENA due by this Sunday.  This book is a definite head scratcher!  If you feel there is dysfunction in your family, you will feel relieved after this book!  It's a fast read, short chapters and can't wait to see how this one ends up!  Stay tuned...!!!