Honored Contributor

Nook Free Friday - September 2019

[ Edited ]

The Choice by Lorrhaine Eckhart

****edited to remove link

The Choice

What would you do for someone you loved?

--"The Choice will leave you questioning your own morals and motivations and leave you asking others what they would do in that same situation. This is a genre-bending novel that will surprise you"-- Amazon Reviewer, JRA

--"From the Pacific Northwest to New Orleans, with its rich Cajun heritage, dialect, food...and voodoo, comes this spellbinder from Ms Eckhart."--Reviewer, Elysabeth

--"This book has everything I love. Romance, suspense, action and spiritual life struggles. Loved it! Kept me on my toes. The author creates characters that the readers either love or hate or a little, of both." – Reviewer, Tina Marie

One Woman...
Marcie is crazy in love with Dan who has been using her and promising his love in return. And she'll do anything for him, which is fast becoming a one way ticket to trouble. But in a freak accident she loses her memory landing in the path of sexy DEA Agent Sam Carre.

Two Men...
For DEA Agent Sam Carre when this attractive stranger lands in his path he just can't resist helping her, even though he's haunted by a past that gives him no peace. But as the sparks fly so do questions of what she's really involved in.

And a choice that could kill her...
This complex case pushes them both to explain the unexplainable bringing them face to face with generations-old evil and a haunting question. Sam's forced to make a choice: walk away from the attraction connecting them or risk losing everything.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Nook Free Friday - September 2019

[ Edited ]

The Nook Free Friday selection for September 13, 2019 is...

Transmission (The Invasion Chronicles Book One): A Science Fiction Thriller by Morgan Rice

****edited to remove links.

From #1 worldwide bestselling fantasy author Morgan Rice comes a long-anticipated science fiction series debut. When SETI finally receives a signal from an alien civilization, what will happen next?

A 13 year old boy, dying of a rare brain disease, is the only one able to hear and decode signals from outer space. SETI confirms it is a real signal.

What is the message? How will the world react?

And most of all: are the aliens coming?

Transmission (The Invasion ChroniclesBook One): A Science Fiction Thriller

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Nook Free Friday selection for September 20

On a Night Like This  by Barbara Freethy

****edited to remove link

On A Night Like This (Callaways #1)

MEET THE CALLAWAYS! This NYT Bestselling Series features love, mystery and adventure and has already sold over 1 million copies! Join the fun. This is where it all begins!

The second oldest of the Callaway clan, Aiden Callaway veered from the family tradition of urban firefighting and became a smokejumper, never questioning his choice until the job took the life of his friend, Kyle, and left Aiden with injuries and fractured memories. Everyone blames Aiden for what happened, but he doesn't remember, nor is he sure he wants to remember. The truth may clear Aiden of blame but destroy Kyle's reputation and hurt the people he left behind.

Aiden seeks help from an unlikely ally ...

Sara had always been untouchable, sweet, innocent, his sister's best friend, and the girl next door. But one reckless night in their youth took their relationship to a new level. Sara has never forgiven or forgotten the way Aiden brought it crashing down, but she's no longer that girl with the crazy crush. She's a woman in search of her own truth.

The sparks between Aiden and Sara have been smoldering for a very long time. Sara is afraid to take another chance on a man who broke her heart, and Aiden knows better than anyone how dangerous an intense fire can be.

As teenagers they weren't ready for each other. Are they ready now?

Honored Contributor

The Nook Free Friday selection for September 27 

100 Hours by Rachel Vincent

100 Hours (100 Hours Series #1)

In this sexy, pulse-pounding new duology by New York Times bestselling author Rachel Vincent, a decadent spring break beach getaway becomes a terrifying survival story when six Miami teens are kidnapped.

Maddie is beyond done with her cousin Genesis’s entitled and shallow entourage. Genesis is so over Miami’s predictable social scene with its velvet ropes, petty power plays, and backstabbing boyfriends.

While Maddie craves family time for spring break, Genesis seeks novelty—like a last-minute getaway to an untouched beach in Colombia. And when Genesis wants something, it happens.

But paradise has its price. Dragged from their tents under the cover of dark, Genesis, Maddie, and their friends are kidnapped and held for ransom deep inside the jungle—with no diva left behind. It all feels so random to everyone except Genesis. She knows they were targeted for a reason. And that reason is her.

Now, as the hours count down, only one thing’s for certain: If the Miami hostages can’t thwart their captors’ plan, no one will make it out alive.

Tapping into our darkest fears while exploring issues of injustice, loss, and the courage to fight for what matters most, this thrilling read is perfect for fans of Nova Ren Suma, Becca Fitzpatrick, and Jennifer L. Armentrout.

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom  The one Friday I'm actually on top of things in a timely manner and there's no book to be posted!  Smiley Indifferent

Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@beach-mom  The one Friday I'm actually on top of things in a timely manner and there's no book to be posted!  Smiley Indifferent

@Stargazer77 - I know! I checked at noon thinking I would help you out, and couldn't find anything! I wonder what's going on?  Smiley Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom I guess the Nook folks overslept today!  It was posted not long after I messaged you.