Honored Contributor

Nook Free Friday - November 2019

The Nook Free Friday book for November 1, 2019 is

Shop and Let Die by Kelly McClymer

Molly Harbison hates being asked "What do you do?" more than cleaning the ring around the bathtub or digging Cheerios and raisins out of the car's back seat. She's tried on every possibility from a flip Domestic Goddess to a simple declarative Mom. She jumps at the chance to make some extra money as a secret shopper. But when she's assigned to shop an online dating site...things get tricky. For one, she realizes her husband doesn't exactly meet her checklist of "must haves" for the perfect man, not at all like her dating site Mr. Perfect. For another, the FBI wants her to actually keep her date with Mr. Perfect, who just may be the perfect serial killer.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Nook Free Friday - November 2019

This post has been removed by QVC because the title of the book contains a link to a retailer

Trusted Contributor

The Nook Free Friday selection for November 8, 2019 is...

Cusp of Night by Mae Clair

The truth hides in dark places . . .

Recently settled in Hode’s Hill, Pennsylvania, Maya Sinclair is enthralled by the town’s folklore, especially the legend about a centuries-old monster. A devil-like creature with uncanny abilities responsible for several horrific murders, the Fiend has evolved into the stuff of urban myth. But the past lives again when Maya witnesses an assault during the annual “Fiend Fest.” The victim is developer Leland Hode, patriarch of the town’s most powerful family, and he was attacked by someone dressed like the Fiend.  

Compelled to discover who is behind the attack and why, Maya uncovers a shortlist of enemies of the Hode clan. The mystery deepens when she finds the journal of a late nineteenth-century spiritualist who once lived in Maya’s house—a woman whose ghost may still linger. Known as the Blue Lady of Hode’s Hill due to a genetic condition, Lucinda Glass vanished without a trace and was believed to be one of the Fiend’s tragic victims. The disappearance of a young couple, combined with more sightings of the monster, trigger Maya to join forces with Leland’s son Collin. But the closer she gets to the truth, the closer she comes to a hidden world of twisted secrets, insanity, and evil that refuses to die . . .

Cusp of Night

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Trusted Contributor

The Nook Free Friday selection for November 15 is...

Rolling Thunder by Paul Lederer

Also available for Amazon Kindle

A settler returns to the town he founded to burn it to the ground

When Tom Quinn first came to the little patch of prairie that would become Stratton, it wasn’t paradise, but it was close. The town he built there was beautiful in a humble way, an honest Western village where hardworking settlers came to make new lives. When Tom moved on, he left a happy town behind him. And then a man called Shelley Peebles came and turned it into hell.

Backed up by a gang of hired guns, Peebles pushed out the small landowners, using money and muscle to corrupt the village and its people. Only one man stood in his way—the veteran gunman Tyler Holt—and so Peebles used his influence to have Holt lynched. This outrage brings Quinn back to the town he loved so much—not to save it, but to wipe it off the earth.

Rolling Thunder

Trusted Contributor

The Nook Free Friday selection for November 22, 2019 is...

Wolf's Bane by Aimee Easterling

Also available for Amazon Kindle.

Secrets are my specialty.

I'm Mai Fairchild --- fox shifter, sister's keeper, and bane of the local werewolf pack. In a world where different is dangerous, my sister and I must pretend to be human at all costs. Too bad I just lost the job that lets me live under the radar while putting food on my sister's plate.

Enter an enticing werewolf who offers enough cash to upgrade our diets from ramen noodles to salami if I join him on a magical hunt. But can I afford to accept the opportunity when the risk of working closely with every fox shifter's sworn enemy is so great?

Wolf's Bane

Trusted Contributor

The Nook Free Friday selection for Nov 29 is...

Planet of the Damned by Harry Harrison

Brion Brandd has just triumphed in the planetary contest called the “Twenties, ”a series of physical and mental trials meant to push contestants to their limits. But before he can fully recover from these tests, he’s recruited by former Twenties champion Ihjel for a mission of utmost importance.

Brandd and Ihjel travel to the hellish desert planet of Dis, where the ruling class, known as the magter, have suddenly begun acting wildly aggressive and unpredictable, threatening the peace in the region. With a nuclear blockade surrounding Dis, Brandd and Ihjel are sent planetside to investigate.

Their pursuit will not be easy, for while the magter have seemingly lost their senses, the local population lives in total harmony with the brutal surroundings. What is it that separates the classes, yet also connects them? In this suspenseful novel by the author of Deathworld, Brandd will have to call on all of his formidable skills and gifts to uncover the truth—before both sides are annihilated.

Planet of the Damned