Trusted Contributor

The Nook Free Friday selection for May 1 is...

Murder In The Manor by Fiona Grace 

Lacey Doyle, 39 years old and freshly divorced, needs a drastic change. She needs to quit her job, leave her horrendous boss and New York City, and walk away from the fast life. Making good on her childhood promise to herself, she decides to walk away from it all, and to relive a beloved childhood vacation in the quaint English seaside town of Wilfordshire.

Wilfordshire is exactly as Lacey remembers it, with its ageless architecture, cobblestone streets, and with nature at its doorstep. Lacey doesn't want to go back home—and spontaneously, she decides to stay, and to give her childhood dream a try: she will open her own antique shop.

Lacey finally feels that her life is taking a step in the right direction—until her new star customer turns up dead.

As the newcomer in town, all eyes are on Lacey, and it's up to her to clear her own name.

With a business to run, a next-door neighbor turned nemesis, a flirty baker across the street, and a crime to solve – is this new life all that Lacey thought it would be?

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

Re: Nook Free Friday - May 2020

@Stargazer77 Just downloaded it!  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Stargazer77 ! I checked at noon and they still hadn't posted. I'm glad they got around to it! Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

thank you!

just got it.  

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom  feel free to load the picture. I couldn’t get it copied and pasted on my iPad. 

How is everything in your neck of the woods? Are you in the Carolinas? I hope you and yours are safe and healthy. 

Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@beach-mom  feel free to load the picture. I couldn’t get it copied and pasted on my iPad. 

How is everything in your neck of the woods? Are you in the Carolinas? I hope you and yours are safe and healthy. 

@Stargazer77 - We are hanging in there, in southeast PA, where it is not good. I'm staying home, working VERY part time. DH is going in one or two days. DD is here; DS is on the other coast from us, and I wish he were here. He's in his apartment by himself (roommate went home), but he has friends there and is spending time playing video games (not working right now). Thanks for asking!

I thought I would have all of this time to read and relax and do other things, but so far I'm spending most of it watching movies on TV! I have read a few Nook books, but I'm way behind on my list! 

How about you and your family? Are you coping OK with this quarantine? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The Free Friday selection for May 8, 2020 is

Always with Me by Barbara Freethy

Always With Me

From #1 New York Times Bestselling Author Barbara Freethy comes the first book in the WHISPER LAKE series! Set in the majestic Colorado mountains, the books feature sexy romance, heartwarming emotion, family drama, compelling mystery, and a town full of fascinating characters. Once you come to visit, you'll never want to leave!

After her third broken engagement, Gianna Campbell comes home to help with the family business and to heal her heart, only to realize that she has become the town joke—dubbed the runaway fiancée. If that wasn't bad enough, who should show up in town but her former crush Zach Barrington, a man who has other reasons to hate her.

Zach returns to Whisper Lake not only for a job opportunity but also for a chance at personal redemption. The last person he wants to see is Gianna, who once got him kicked out of the only place that made him feel whole. But when an accident sends her into the lake, their first face-to-face meeting in years leaves them both breathless.

And suddenly the past feels a lot closer...

Zach and Gianna back away as fast as they come together, both wary of more danger to their damaged hearts. But their search for a truth leads them to surprising secrets, life-changing revelations, heartbreaking emotion, and the chance for a love more powerful than they ever imagined. Can they trust each other the second time around?

Honored Contributor

The Free Friday selection for May 15, 2020 is

Underground by Chris Ward

Underground

Marta Banks is a girl with an identity. She is a Tube Rider, a girl who risks death every day in the abandoned underground stations of London.It doesn't matter that her parents are dead. It doesn't matter that her beloved brother has disappeared. It doesn't matter that in the dystopian chaos of London in 2075, in the shadow of the towering perimeter walls, she has no future.

She has her friends.

Together, the Tube Riders are a family, united against the brutality of their lives, but when they discover a dark government secret that could bring war to Britain and end decades of oppression, everything they hold dear is threatened.

Now they are running for their lives, hunted by genetically engineered killing machines that will stop at nothing to catch them.The Huntsmen are coming....

THE TUBE RIDERS: UNDERGROUND: the acclaimed dystopian thriller set in a near-future dystopian London.

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@Stargazer77 - We are hanging in there, in southeast PA, where it is not good. I'm staying home, working VERY part time. DH is going in one or two days. DD is here; DS is on the other coast from us, and I wish he were here. He's in his apartment by himself (roommate went home), but he has friends there and is spending time playing video games (not working right now). Thanks for asking!

I thought I would have all of this time to read and relax and do other things, but so far I'm spending most of it watching movies on TV! I have read a few Nook books, but I'm way behind on my list! 

How about you and your family? Are you coping OK with this quarantine? Smiley Happy

@beach-mom, you are a rockstar for keeping up with the Nook Free Friday posts!! Heart

Oh, you're in PA!  I'm in North Jersey, not too far outside of NYC.  It's been pretty bad around here, too.  I've watched the news of this since January and I started my descent into being a basket case mid-late February.  I haven't been inside a store since March 1st (and I do miss it!!).  I lost 10 lbs from stress and worry.  I haven't read any books, I could barely concentrate on my regular TV shows.  Things are getting better and calming down, which is good.  I'm not sure when I'll return to a store.  I really miss Costco.  

Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@beach-momyou are a rockstar for keeping up with the Nook Free Friday posts!! Heart

Oh, you're in PA!  I'm in North Jersey, not too far outside of NYC.  It's been pretty bad around here, too.  I've watched the news of this since January and I started my descent into being a basket case mid-late February.  I haven't been inside a store since March 1st (and I do miss it!!).  I lost 10 lbs from stress and worry.  I haven't read any books, I could barely concentrate on my regular TV shows.  Things are getting better and calming down, which is good.  I'm not sure when I'll return to a store.  I really miss Costco.  

@Stargazer77 - NP! I figure one of us will get to it each Friday! 

I know about the stress and worry. I'm glad things are getting better where you are. Don't feel bad about the concentrating thing. Almost all of my friends here are going through the same feelings. My closest friend is a Type A personality. We talk on the phone all of the time, and I know she's having a hard time. 

I do have my moments, but my faith helps me through them. I always said I wish I could be home more to clean out things in my house. We have a lot of things from my mom's house still to go through. Now that that time's here I haven't done any of it. I would prefer to curl up on the couch and watch a movie! 

I'm trying to get DD interested in the "older" movies I like. My mom and I would watch them on TV so much, even after I was an adult when we were visiting. She's not that interested in them! I loved The Bridges of Madison County; she thought it was OK! I'm trying to get her to watch Somewhere in Time  with me and told her Christopher Reeve was in it. Her response: "Who?" LOL! 

I haven't been in a store either. We;re lucky - we have a small market near us that has added a lot of items and is doing curbside pickup. We may be paying a little more, but it's worth it. 

Take care of yourself! (((HUGS)))