Honored Contributor

Nook Free Friday - March 2022

[ Edited ]

Happy March!

The Free Friday selection for March 4, 2022 is

A Long, Cool Rain by Linda Seed

B6491516-EAF9-4E8C-B3DF-E39D9EC6EFE1.jpeg

He's uncovered a long-held family secret. She's shocked to learn the truth—and to find herself caught between love and loyalty ...

Colin Delaney's wealthy family has been a Central Coast fixture for generations. When the Delaneys are rocked by the sudden death of Colin's uncle, a shareholder in the family fortune, Colin learns something that throws all he'd thought he knew about the man into question.

Julia McCray knows that her brother, Drew, has been hiding something that's been tearing him apart. The day Colin turns up on Julia's doorstep, he reveals a secret that will throw both her world and his into turmoil. Her growing feelings for Colin are decidedly inconvenient—and will test her allegiance to her own family.

Honored Contributor

Re: Nook Free Friday - March 2022

The Free Friday selection for March 11, 2022 is 

Beyond Dead: An Afterlife Adventure Series by Jordaina Sydney Robinson 

DC7BF57D-A3AD-449E-9992-B3AD8CBBCEFB.jpeg

****Currently being adapted for TV ****

Bridget Sway is newly dead. And confused.

Instead of cloud cars and harp-playing cherubs, the afterlife is working a full-time job that doesn't pay and a heinous communal living situation with housemates who have no concept of privacy or personal space. As if that wasn't bad enough, on her first day at work Bridget finds a murdered ghost stuffed in her locker.

With the afterlife police looking to pin the murder on Bridget, her new best friend and ex-PI, Sabrina, suggests they solve the murder themselves. But with a handsome parole officer watching her every move and the afterlife police dogging her every step, solving the murder is easier than it sounds.

If you like sassy heroines who break all the rules, laugh out loud humour and whodunnits that keep you guessing until the very end, then tag along with Bridget Sway on her afterlife adventures.

Honored Contributor

The Free Friday selection for March 18 is 

Freaky Spencer: A Fun & Freaky Urban Fantasy 

by Al K. Line

579117CE-AE06-4304-86CA-B27A657E82FE.jpeg

When a trans-dimensional portal opened behind my fridge, I knew the day would suck.

Strange things appeared in my grubby kitchen, then Beelzebub summoned me by setting my arm alight. When a devil comes calling you have no choice but to do his bidding, especially when bound by a tattoo direct from Hell.

A bounty is given, no option to refuse. Mimi's the mark, famed owner of two magical panthers and a right handful. Still, this was my chance at freedom, so what choice did I have?

As always, it wasn't that simple. Other forces were at work, and I'd had a gutsful of being Hell's puppet. I just had to figure out a plan. One that didn't just involve tearing off my sunglasses and incinerating everything in sight with a glance.

Some call me Spencer, others call me Freaky. And I am not a Normal.

Honored Contributor

The Free Friday selection for March 25 is 

How to Live Happily Ever After by Bree Wolf

CBB71BCB-C3B3-4EB2-B71B-BEC99FB8761D.jpeg

In this fairy tale Regency romance by USA Today bestselling and HOLT Medallion winning author, BREE WOLF, an old spinster and a young earl come to realize that love does not follow rules...least of all society's.

Miss Agnes Bottombrook accepted long ago that she would never marry. Not even when she was still young did gentlemen see anything in her that would appeal to them. Now, at nine-and-twenty years of age, all hope is lost and Agnes is on the shelf for good.

Or isn't she?

Out of nowhere, the rakishly handsome—and young, mind you!—Lord Wentford asks Agnes for a dance, shocking not only Agnes but all of London society, most of all, his own mother. Certain that his intentions are far from honorable, Agnes tries her utmost to rebuff the young lord and reveal him as a scoundrel, only seeking her attention to win a bet or wager of some kind.

Unfortunately, Lord Wentford cannot be rebuffed, no matter how hard Agnes tries, forcing her to contemplate the possibility—remote as it might be—that he might truly...care for her.

Or doesn't he?

Without her consent, Agnes finds herself swept off her feet by her most unexpected and equally persistent suitor, doubting her own sanity when desires she thought she had long since abandoned resurface. But will she dare believe him?

Would she be a fool to do so...or rather not to do so?

Honored Contributor

Thank you for posting Nook Free Friday! Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Thanks @dmod nj@Stargazer77 and I try to keep up every week!

I'm not really a Regency girl (my mom was), but this one sounded interesting, so I got it! Now I probably won't have time to read it until after Easter. But I will enjoy it then!  Smiley Happy