Trusted Contributor

Nook Free Friday - April 2024

The Nook Free Friday selection for April 5th is Unlawful Harvest by P.D. Workman.

Unlawful Harvest

Kenzie Kirsch had led a sheltered life; daughter of a wealthy lobbyist, her way had been paved for her, and she wasn't really required to do much in life. There were events to make an appearance at, boards to sit on, fundraisers to support, but she could pick and choose what she wanted to do and how busy she wanted to be.

When she set out to find out why her sister Amanda was so ill, she had no idea where her amateur investigation would take her. Amanda's illness had never been discussed. Amanda deserved her privacy.

As Kenzie's questions take her deeper and deeper into the murky world of transplant tourism, Kenzie starts to wonder just what her parents have been covering up, and who else's life might hang in the balance.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Trusted Contributor

Re: Nook Free Friday - April 2024

[ Edited ]

The Nook Free Friday selection for April 19th is Riven by A.R. Knight.  (There was no book selection last week)

Riven

The realm of the dead. A powerful enemy. One man's soul at the center of life and death...

Carver Reed doesn't scare easily. As WWI relentlessly sends lost ones to the other side, the
cocky guide tracks down consumed spirits in the phantom world and ensures they cycle to their
next reincarnation. But while pursuing a horde of dangerous ghosts, he runs into an ambush
targeting his execution.

Learning these beings believe his sacrifice will help individuals cross back to the land of the
living, Carver barely escapes with a new mission to figure out his past. But now ruthlessly
hunted and with his forbidden love life at risk of discovery, he fears more than his own existence
is at stake.

Will Carver fall prey to a malevolent agenda?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Nook Free Friday - April 2024

The Nook Free Friday selection for April 26th is Just His Secretary by Elana Johnson.  This week's selection is an audiobook.

Just His Secretary: A Sweet Romantic Comedy

She's just his secretary...until he needs someone on his arm to convince his mother that he can take over the family business.

*** "The humor in JUST HIS SECRETARY doesn't go for the easy laugh - it is witty and tongue-in-cheek because the characters are smart." ~BookBub Reviewer

Oh, and the romance is clean, the jokes witty, and the office grump swoon-worthy.

Read today! ***

Callie:

Dawson Houser makes sure everyone who comes into the office knows I'm "just his secretary." Heck, I've even said it to suppliers and CEOs when they smile knowingly at the two of us during business meetings. He scowls and grumps around the office afterward, as if the two of us dating is the most ridiculous thing on the planet.

Dawson can handle them.

I can handle them-and him too, once they leave. And he's no picnic, let me tell you.

Who can't we handle? His mother.

When Lila Houser comes to town with her faux furs and fashion sunglasses, she only has one question for her spoiled rotten son: When are you going to get married, Dawson, darling?

I expect him to laugh and tell her he's never getting married. I mean, I've heard those exact words come out of his mouth. Instead, he pulls me to his side and says, "Maybe sooner than you think, Mother."

Oh, that Lila Houser can make a woman feel two inches tall with a simple up-down look. I think I'm a pretty good catch...no matter what my last three boyfriends say.

When Lila says, "I thought Callie was just your secretary," I suddenly want to prove her dead wrong...