Honored Contributor

New book I've been hearing about

[ Edited ]

The title is:  "Who is Maud Dixon?" (by Alexandra Andrews)  The plot is clever.  A would be writer, (frustrated because she can't a book published) gets an opportunity to be an assistant to the famous "Maud Dixon" who writes under that pseudonym. Well something happens to this writer, leaving our heroine a tempting situation where she can take over the authorship of the newest bestseller to be.  Anyway, Good Reads is giving a lot of 5 stars for this. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New book I've been hearing about

I'll make note of that - thank you. 

Just finished John Grisham - The Confession. Still thinking about that book. May for a while.

Audio listen now to Jeffrey Deavers - The Wire - or something like that. Getting interesting. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Sounds promising.

Esteemed Contributor

Under the Tulip Tree, fantastic book. Sad, but an eyeopener.

Got it free on Hoopa through the libery where I get most of my books.  The Little Old Lady series is funny.  The Little olf Lady behaving badly, The little old lady that breaks all the rules.

It's a series.  The Paper Daughters of Chinatown.

Contributor

I read Maud Dixon last weekend and was disappointed especially after all the rave reviews.   I admit I am hard to please since I read so many books but this book was described as a thriller which in my opinion it is not.  A friend was considering purchaing the book and I told her not to waste her money.