Frequent Contributor
If anyone reads Louise Penny, a new book is coming out at the end of the month. Also a new series called Three Pines will debut on Prime Video December 2. Produced by the same people as the Crown.
Honored Contributor

@lcubedsudbury,

Thank you for that! I read all of her 3 pines books except the last one and will look forward to the Prime series! I wouldn't have known so thank youSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

I've read all the Penny books, but i find them too similar. Still the same characters and the plots don't intrigue any more. Just my opinion. I'm happy if you like her. She's very popular. I did see one Three Pines on TV last year, and it was well done.

Frequent Contributor

@lcubedsudbury 

Thanks for the info!  I love Louise Penny and would have missed this.  I've often said I would love to live in Three Pines (well, except for the murders... Smiley LOL).

Valued Contributor

@lcubedsudbury  Thanks for this info. I enjoy returning to Three Pines with every new Louise Penny title.  I will definitely watch the Prime video version(s)

Respected Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

I've read all the Penny books, but i find them too similar. Still the same characters and the plots don't intrigue any more. Just my opinion. I'm happy if you like her. She's very popular. I did see one Three Pines on TV last year, and it was well done.

@zitawins  I have to agree with this.  I loved the earlier books, but they have started to become repetitious. I can see why the books are so popular, though.

Esteemed Contributor

I've read all of Louise Penny's books and enjoyed every one of them. The whole notion of Three Pines is part fantasy, part reality. That mystical, magical place is intriguing. And I love the characters, especially Ruth and her cursing duck. I'm still kicking myself over missing a Louise Penny appearance at a local bookstore. Her first book had just come out and she was unknown. That's how my very small city was on her first book tour. I had just bought her book when the saleswoman mentioned that the author was visiting that evening. I was too lazy to go out and missed what I would now judge to be a memorable evening.

Trusted Contributor

Louise Penny can't write fast enough as far as I'm concerned. I buy all her books as opposed to borrowing from the library. I love the characters and setting. I hope I can access the series.

Respected Contributor

Re: New Louise Penny Book

[ Edited ]

@Vivian I am Canadian.  I spent six weeks at an executive development course at Bishops University in Lennoxville, Quebec.  It is in the Eastern Townships and a lovely spot to visit.  I know you have spent time in Quebec.  Three Pines is fashioned after a town in the Eastern Townships which I think you also know,  I enjoy Louise Penny's books as well.  As @smoky22  said, some of the early ones were better but I still enjoy them, particularly when I can identify the places she talks about.  

I remember being completely drawn in by Still Life.  LM