Honored Contributor

Unlike many, I don't care for mystery or suspense novels.  I like well written family stories and romance if it's not too cheesy.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 A book I have on my Kindle that I've read a  few times and always recommend: "The Art of Racing In the Rain."

It's not about racing, per se tho that comes into play, and there is a wonderful dog involved.

You can look it up on Amazon to see a brief synopsis of it. I love this book and the very end is, well, absolutely heartwarming.

Trusted Contributor

You might like author Sherryl Woods. She has many series of books and they have a little romance but they are family stories.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Need a book suggestion

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids   Have you seen the movie to this book? 

Respected Contributor

I loved "Where The Crawdads Sing."

Honored Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

I loved "Where The Crawdads Sing."

@meem120 , I like that one too.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1  Mine is neither that you mentioned but I wanted to put it out there.  I read the book Shadow Divers by Robert Kurson a while ago.  I have to tell you I read a lot of different author's and subject matter and I do enjoy a trashy romance once inawhile, LOL, but this book was one of the best I've read in a long time.  It's a true story about 2 American  Divers who discover a lost  submarine from World War II off the east coast.   You don't have to know anything about diving and it's not a war novel, it's just incredible writing by the author who interviewed both the divers in great detail.  There were times I felt like I was diving with them and it was just so interesting.  

I hope you find something you enjoy.

Valued Contributor

A couple years ago I discovered Wiley Cash.  

When Ghosts Come Home (his most recent)

A Land More Kind Than Home (my favorite so far)

A Dark Road to Mercy

The Last Ballard

Super Contributor

Try Mary Alice Monroe, Karen White, Dorothy Benton Frank, Elin Hilderbrand, Nancy Thayer, Jennifer Weiner, Laura Dave, Kristy Woodson Harvey, Susan Mallory, Lauren Weisberger, Terry McMillan, Fiona Davis or Liane Moriarty.  All write good books.  Some should be read in order of publication.  Check out the titles,most have new books out.

Respected Contributor

The Robyn Carr Virgin River Series is an outstanding series!