Honored Contributor

Re: NOVEMBER 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY

I finished listening to Be Your Everything, The D'Angelos Book 2 by Catherine Bybee.

This book is about Chloe D'Angelo and Dante Mancuso's love story.    I very much enjoyed it.   If you enjoyed book 1, Brooke and Luca's story, you'll enjoy book 2. 

Book 3, coming sometime this year, according to the author's website. 

I just started listening to Viola Shipman's, A Wish for Winter. I'm not a huge fan of Christmas themed books, but this one I'm enjoying so far! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

I finished listening to SECLUDED CABIN SLEEPS SIX by Lisa Unger.  Although I don't watch the stereotypical Lifetime thrillers, I couldn't help but equate this book to those type of movies - although not the best with some improbable situations, it was still enjoyable and I wanted to keep "reading".  I actually didn't know how it was all going to fit together, which is unusual as my mind is usually spinning with different scenarios (I was correct about something minor).

Based on recent comments here, I'm listening to The Measure now.

Honored Contributor

@dawg loverwrote:

I've enjoyed all the books I've read recently, which is great!

PERIL IN PARIS by Rhys Bowen (the latest in the Royal Spyness series) and TRIPLE CROSS by James Patterson (the latest in the Alex Cross series) were both very good. I also liked the new Robert Crais book, RACING THE LIGHT (the new Elvis Cole book.) Next up, I have BLEEDING HEART YARD by Elly Griffiths, the latest in her Harbinder Kaur series. These don't quite measure up to her Ruth Galloway series, IMO, but they're still pretty good.

I've also started reading Val McDermid's Karen Pirie series, as I watched the series on tv. I've read the first two books and they are very good: THE DISTANT ECHO and A DARKER DOMAIN.

I'm glad to hear you liked the new Robert Crais book. I didn't care for the previous one. I have to wait a bit-I'm #5 at the library because I'm waiting for the large print book. I don't want any 'squint' lines, lol.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Egowrote:

I finished listening to SECLUDED CABIN SLEEPS SIX by Lisa Unger. Although I don't watch the stereotypical Lifetime thrillers, I couldn't help but equate this book to those type of movies - although not the best with some improbable situations, it was still enjoyable and I wanted to keep "reading". I actually didn't know how it was all going to fit together, which is unusual as my mind is usually spinning with different scenarios (I was correct about something minor).

Based on recent comments here, I'm listening to The Measure now.

I just started this book this morning. Only 120+ pages in and I am ready for more. Had to stop reading to come to work.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for sharing your likes and dislikes for the month of November. This thread is now closed.