Respected Contributor

Re: NOVEMBER 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY

@GenXmuse , love Peter Swanson.  Thanks for the heads up.  LM

Respected Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

Just finished one of the best books I've read in months: The Measure by Nikki Erlick. Great character development with an engaging story that I've thought about since reading it. Everyone on Earth receives a box. In the box is a string. Its  length corresponds to how long the person will live. The book is less about this aspect and more about relationships, so don't let the plot discourage you if you're not into a plot line like this. Very thought-provoking book with a great story!

@Ainhisg  I couldn't agree more about this book.  I loved it.  Interesting mix of characters and I found the various reactions to their strings believable.  Makes me wonder what I would have done with the information.  Would I be like the character who never opened her box because she didn't want to know the length of her string?  Not sure I would have been disciplined enough to do that.  Very thought provoking for sure.  I was completely engaged all the way through.  

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished The Inmate by Freida Mcfadden, I enjoyed this book, but the ending was unexpected and soooo good!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

Just finished The Inmate by Freida Mcfadden, I enjoyed this book, but the ending was unexpected and soooo good!

Right? Excellent book by a consistently excellent author!

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

"Rock Paper Scissors" by Alice Feeney. 

Adam and Amelia Wright win a trip to renovated bed and breakfast in the Scottish highlands. 

Adam is a writer who has face blindness, unable to recognize people, and their marriage has been in trouble for awhile. Every year they've been exchanging gifts appropriate to how long they were married, and things haven't been working out. Maybe taking a trip will help them restore what's left of their relationship. 

The trip doesn't go as planned. Strange events occur and it looks like someone might not want them to ever leave.

This was interesting. The book had many twists; just when I thought I figured it out, something else would take it in another direction. Had a surprise ending. I'll be reading more books by this author. 

This book was a wild ride for sure. It had a creepy gothic feel to it. Her other books are good too but I thought this one was brilliant. 

Esteemed Contributor

just finished The Mistletoe Inn by Richard Paul Evans, I loved this book!  So romantic, but also very thought provoking!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@CareBears This is on my TBR list!! Glad to know its a good one, as all of her books have been! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The past few books I've read were:

Looking For Jane - Heather Marshall

Mom Genes - Hilary Grossman

Wildland - Rebecca Hodge

I also had 2 dnf.

Hope to finish Black Cake by ChamaineWilkerson by tomorrow to end November reads but no big deal if I don't.  I'm not on a deadline.

Trusted Contributor

I've enjoyed all the books I've read recently, which is great!

PERIL IN PARIS by Rhys Bowen (the latest in the Royal Spyness series) and TRIPLE CROSS by James Patterson (the latest in the Alex Cross series) were both very good.  I also liked the new Robert Crais book, RACING THE LIGHT (the new Elvis Cole book.)  Next up, I have BLEEDING HEART YARD by Elly Griffiths, the latest in her Harbinder Kaur series.  These don't quite measure up to her Ruth Galloway series, IMO, but they're still pretty good.

I've also started reading Val McDermid's Karen Pirie series, as I watched the series on tv.  I've read the first two books and they are very good:  THE DISTANT ECHO and A DARKER DOMAIN.

Esteemed Contributor

just finished A Dark and Stormy Tea by Laura Childs, I enjoyed this book!  It is a cozy muder mystery with charming characters and a tea store owner who is a true crime wanna be,,