Esteemed Contributor

Re: NOVEMBER 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY

@Epicurean  I thought I had read all of her books, but this one I missed,, so I put a hold on it, I look forward to reading it!

Trusted Contributor

CareBears,it was a great read. Hope you enjoy it

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Vernamahloo wrote:
I have not posted here in many years but used to post with a lady named LORILORI Does anyone know where she is ? Thanks

@Vernamahloo Did you have a different screen name when you posted previously?

I've been reading in this forum since long before I posted and I don't recall your nic.  Just wondering. 

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

Just finished The Perfect Son by Lauren North, the first book I have read off hers, and I am glad that I have 2 more to read!  This was so so good, I had ideas Floating around about what was happening, but Boy was I wrong, the ending was EPIC!

Do you know there are two books with the same title? Both thrillers. Frieda McFadden books aren't available at my library (for some reason) and Lauren North doesn't have the book in large print, which lets me out. Don't do ebooks. Oh, well, it's a big library, lol@

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@CareBears wrote:

Just finished The Perfect Son by Lauren North, the first book I have read off hers, and I am glad that I have 2 more to read!  This was so so good, I had ideas Floating around about what was happening, but Boy was I wrong, the ending was EPIC!

Do you know there are two books with the same title? Both thrillers. Frieda McFadden books aren't available at my library (for some reason) and Lauren North doesn't have the book in large print, which lets me out. Don't do ebooks. Oh, well, it's a big library, lol@

@Judaline @CareBears Yes, I actually saw The Perfect Betrayal and The Perfect Son, are the same book by the same author. Very Strange!!! It is so good, I can't wait to finish it! Thats too bad about Freida McFadden books, and your library because they all are very good as

well...  

Respected Contributor

Finished The Tiger Mom's Tale by Lyn Liao Butler.  Good book!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@CareBears wrote:

@Judaline @CareBears Yes, I actually saw The Perfect Betrayal and The Perfect Son, are the same book by the same author. Very Strange!!! It is so good, I can't wait to finish it! Thats too bad about Freida McFadden books, and your library because they all are very good as

well...  

So is the perfect son book by Lauren North the same book as the perfect son book by F. McFadden? That would make 3 of them!

Respected Contributor

For anyone interested, the Goodreads Choice Awards opening round is now available for voting.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read Shrines of Gaiety by Kate Atkinson.  This is my favorite kind of book with a lot of characters.  Soho London in the mid 1920's.  Night clubs in full swing, rival gangs, corrupt cops, missing girls, and a detective inspector straight out of Dickens.  Written with the brilliance and witty dialogue that is trademark Kate Atkinson. Very entertaining in spite of some dark turns.    

Then I read Fairy Tale by the great Stephen King.  I loved the first 1/3 of the book.  The rest of it, when the fairy tale started, not so much.  Fantasy isn't really my thing.  And it went on too long. Well written, of course, but I feel like I could have skipped it.  

Respected Contributor

@smoky22 wrote:

For anyone interested, the Goodreads Choice Awards opening round is now available for voting.

@smoky22 

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't it used to be more than one round and then the final?  Not last year but I think the year before.