Honored Contributor

Re: NOVEMBER 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY

[ Edited ]

Before I Do, by Sophie Cousens.  A wedding as been planned, all is set to go then one bad "omen" (according to the groom's grandmother) after another begins to happen.  Including a surprise guest who at one point in the bride's life was known as the "the photo booth guy."  Does this wedding take place and who does the groom go off on the scheduled honeymoon with.  Cute fun quick read.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Decided to read a memoir, Twice The Daughter by Julie Ryan McGue.  She and her sister were adopted in 1959 together and trying to find their birth parents was a challenge to say the least.  Very moving and I was sobbing by the end of the book of happiness and some sadness too.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Finished DESERT STAR,M. Connollys latest. I just love Harry Bosch. As usual it was a good book,never dragged on. The story was about H. Bosch volunteering to work on unsolved,cold cases. A real good read. Don't want to give away too much info,but,it seems as though he will be around for at least one more book.

Respected Contributor

@Epicurean  I'm with you.  I just love Harry.  I have the new book on waitlist.  Can't wait!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I finished listening to NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO PANIC by Kevin Wilson. Although I felt the ending was a little weak, I enjoyed the story about two awkward teens who meet one summer and create a piece of art (a poster) that they lose control over. I'm fairly certain that, in 10 years, I will still be repeating the poster's mantra as it's repeated many times throughout the book (a note from the author explains the significance of the phrase to him.)

Spoiler
The Edge is a shanty town, filled with gold seekers. We are fugitives, and the law is skinny with hunger for us. 😊

I'm next reading something from one of my least favorite genres - horror. One review said that it's more like horror light.  We shall see.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@dmod nj , I am with you in never having seen an episode of this or Seinfeld.  LM

I didn't watch Seinfeld, either.  

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Finished One Step Behind, by Lauren North, it was very very good! This is my 2nd book by this author, and I really like her writing style. I am now starting The Perfect Son, also by Lauren North.

I am also starting The Guilt Trip by Sandie Jones..

Not sure which one I will finish 1st!I generally don't read 2 boks at once, so depending on how good they both are, I may put one down.

Esteemed Contributor

@Epicurean wrote:

Finished DESERT STAR,M. Connollys latest. I just love Harry Bosch. As usual it was a good book,never dragged on. The story was about H. Bosch volunteering to work on unsolved,cold cases. A real good read. Don't want to give away too much info,but,it seems as though he will be around for at least one more book.

@Epicurean 

I am on the waitlist at my library. I just checked my status and I am currently 13 of 97. They only have 9 books for the whole system.

Hopefully, it will be available for pickup next week. 

Honored Contributor

BOOK: Outsider

AUTHOR: Linda Castillo

I love this suspense filled series centering on the police chief in an Ohio Amish community. Perhaps my only complaint would be that it paints a segment (vice squad) of the Columbus, Ohio police department as totally corrupt.

Respected Contributor

Ugh.  Another book on the DNF list for me.  Playground Zero by Sarah Relyea was a 416 page small print book.  I got to page 115.  It was set in 1968 in Berkley, CA, where politics played a good part of this book.  It was coming of age of a 10 year old and trying to fit in with school and kids.  I didn't mind that as much as the politics especially with her mother.  Onto hopefully a better book.