Esteemed Contributor

Re: NOVEMBER 2021 LET'S HEAR ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE READING

i just finished The Wish by Nicholas Sparks, this was a very good book, and a heart breaking story as well,it brought the ugly tears, but touched my heart so much!

Frequent Contributor

Just started it and got from my library.

It's Always Your Favorite Sins...that do you in
Kenny Chesney/Grace Potter
Honored Contributor

The Oysterville Sewing Circle - Susan Wiggs - Just finished this morning.  Very enjoyable.  Will touch your heartstrings.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I just finished A HOPELESS SHERIFF, book 9 of the Hope Walker mysteries by Daniel Carson. Since I disliked book 8 so much that I did not finish it, I was not sure about this, but I really enjoyed this one. The books have a mix of humor, mystery, real life, and suspense.

Hope is the owner of the local newspaper and does some crime investigating on the side. In this book, we have a bank robbery, a murder, the continuation of Hope trying to find out what happened to her mother, and there is a new sheriff in town.

In all, an enjoyable book to wind down after Thanksgiving dinner.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I stayed up late last night to wrap up this book. Purity in death, #15 by J.D. Robb. This is a series that I enjoy reading so no surprises. 

I will start my next book sometime tonight. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm reading the new book in the Alex Cross series by James Patterson, FEAR NO EVIL.

Respected Contributor

OMG.  I just finished Damnation Spring by Ash Davidson and to think I almost gave up on page 57 because of the logging terms and boredom.  It was a daunting 454 pages but I'm so glad I read it.  She did a wonderful job of researching the logging industry.  It became a wonderful book of family etc.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you everyone for sharing your likes and dislikes for the month of November.

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Super Contributor

Just finished listening to Legion of Fire by William W. Johnstone.  Perhaps it's my advanced age, 70, but I've been enjoying a whole new genre of books - American westerns,  This one was in the Luke Jensen, bounty hunter series, #7.  Tough living, lots of action and usually a bit of tame romance - pretty much the outline for each of Johnstone's books that I've read.  He was a very prolific writer, and at some point was joined by J.A. Johnstone.