Respected Contributor

Re: NOVEMBER 2021 LET'S HEAR ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE READING

[ Edited ]

@Judaline wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

Just finished my first book of November.  Susan Meissner's Stars Over Sunset Over Hollywood.  A good old fashioned old Hollywood book set on the stage of Gone With The Wind when it was being filmed.

Fiction?

@Judaline

Yes.  I had the title wrong.  I just corrected.

https://www.amazon.com/Stars-Sunset-Boulevard-Susan-Meissner/dp/0451475992/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_enc...

Honored Contributor

I'm listening to Viola Shipman's, The Secret of Snow. 

I am loving this story.  So far, it has kept me interested and wanting more! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@dmod nj , I've been debating about this one, I'm glad to read that you are enjoying it. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@dmod nj , I've been debating about this one, I'm glad to read that you are enjoying it. 

@QVCkitty1  I loved all his books, up until The Clover Girls. I tried to read it  and listen to it. I just could not get into it.   I may try again in the future. 

I was so hoping I would enjoy this one, and I am, so far. I hope, if you do read it, you enjoy it. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

EDITED to include the book I just finished.

I haven't been able to get in for days.  No matter how many times I signed in. 

Here are some books I've read since I haven't posted.

Until Leaves Fall In Paris - Sarah Sundin.

Game On - Janet Evanovich #28 - haven't read this series in a while and it was a fast read of 2 days.  The same old stuff going on in a different scenario. 

Forest Dark - Nicole Krauss.  No idea where this was going so I dnf.

Just finished today Sissie Klein Is Completely Normal by Kris Clink.  A great book.

Trusted Contributor

Glad we're back on! Already finished M. Connelly new book. THE DARK HOURS,an  Bosch/Ballard story. It was very good,except not enough of Harry Bosch for me. I understand,there's not much else he can write about him,although I'd like to see books about his earlier police days.

today I'm reading Ken Follett's newest,NEVER. This is for serious readers,over 800 pages. It's about a female U.S. president and events going on around the world. I just love reading anything he writes.

Esteemed Contributor

@Epicurean wrote:

Glad we're back on! Already finished M. Connelly new book. THE DARK HOURS,an  Bosch/Ballard story. It was very good,except not enough of Harry Bosch for me. I understand,there's not much else he can write about him,although I'd like to see books about his earlier police days.

today I'm reading Ken Follett's newest,NEVER. This is for serious readers,over 800 pages. It's about a female U.S. president and events going on around the world. I just love reading anything he writes.

@Epicurean 

Same here I was unable to post for about a week. I just checked my hold status for The Dark Hours at my Library and I am listed as number 7 of 117 which, means that I will receive it soon. 

I am currently reading Death Du Jour by Kathy Reichs, which I should be wrapping up either tonight or tomorrow. 

Fyi, we have the same forum over on the Pro Boards cite, in case this board goes bye bye, I hope to see some of you over there.  I am posting on both boards.

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished The Diary by Ellen Goudge, This book had me in,tears at the ending, very emotional very sweet story, very good!

Esteemed Contributor

I was able to finish  Death Du Jour (Temperance Brennan, #2) by Kathy Reichs. I definitely enjoyed this book more than the first book, but for a person who really loved the 12 year television series the books so far have been a disappointment. 

Honored Contributor

The Judges List, by John Grisham.   Well we have very patient 50 year old serial killer over a time span of 20 years or so.  His six victims at this point so far is one who may abused him at the young age of 15, to others who have only humiliated him just slighted him in some form or fashion.  What makes this methodical serial killer so unique, other than that all the killings are exactly the same in six different states?  He is a sitting Judge in Florida.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."