Respected Contributor

NEW BOOK - JACQUELYN MITCHARD 2021

[ Edited ]

It's been a while since Jacquelyn Mitchard has had a book out.  I've always enjoyed her books when she was an Oprah selection.  Thought I'd share.

I found this on Publishers Weekly:

"In a six-figure, world rights acquisition, Mira’s Kathy Sagan won My Only by Jacquelyn Mitchard (The Deep End of the Ocean). Jeff Kleinman at Folio Literary Management represented the bestselling author. Mira said My Only, set for 2021, follows a mother who learns the truth about the murder conviction that her college-age son is facing. The publisher called the book “an emotional novel of love and forgiveness.”"

I don't think I'll be reading this one.  The subject doesn't appeal to me at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: NEW BOOK - JACQUELYN MITCHARD 2021

@SWEET wrote:

It's been a while since Jacquelyn Mitchard has had a book out.  I've always enjoyed her books when she was an Oprah selection.  Thought I'd share.

"In a six-figure, world rights acquisition, Mira’s Kathy Sagan won My Only by Jacquelyn Mitchard (The Deep End of the Ocean). Jeff Kleinman at Folio Literary Management represented the bestselling author. Mira said My Only, set for 2021, follows a mother who learns the truth about the murder conviction that her college-age son is facing. The publisher called the book “an emotional novel of love and forgiveness.”"

I don't think I'll be reading this one.  The subject doesn't appeal to me at all. 

@SWEET- awww give it a shot! I loved several of her books, and I'd be curious to see if she still has the same gift she had earlier in her life. I'll read it when it comes out.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@SWEET- awww give it a shot! I loved several of her books, and I'd be curious to see if she still has the same gift she had earlier in her life. I'll read it when it comes out.

@sunala 

I've read a few books like this and they are all the same so I think I'll pass but have enjoyed some of her others.

I'll let you read this one for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@sunala wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@sunala 

I've read a few books like this and they are all the same so I think I'll pass but have enjoyed some of her others.

I'll let you read this one for me. 

@SWEET  hahahahaha - maybe I will, when my appreciation for books comes back to me lol

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett