Honored Contributor

Re: NEED LIGHT SUMMER READING RECS

@tansy wrote:

I think Sue Grafton would be similar to Janet Evanowich.  

@tansy

Thanks .... but I've already read all the Sue Grafton books ... lol.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

I think Sue Grafton would be similar to Janet Evanowich.  

@tansy

Thanks .... but I've already read all the Sue Grafton books ... lol.

Well, I gave it a shot😜

Honored Contributor

Laura Childs, Debbie Macomber

Regular Contributor

If you're looking for light, humorous mysteries, I would recommend the books by Dixie Cash .  Two sisters collaborate and have written ten books with titles such as My Heart May Be Broken, but My Hair Still Looks Good,  Since You're Leaving Anyway, Take Out the Trash, and You Can Have My Heart, But Don't Touch My Dog.

The main characters are two beauticians who get involved in solving mysteries in their Texas town.

Trusted Contributor

I really like Dorothea Benton Frank. I've worked at Barnes & Noble for 15 years and always recommend her book " Plantation " as a beach read. It's one of her earlier books and one of my all time favorites. Anything by her is good because she tells a good story. My favorite book of 2016 is " The Nightingale " by Kristen Hannah. Not really a light read, but a very moving book.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sward05 wrote:

If you're looking for light, humorous mysteries, I would recommend the books by Dixie Cash .  Two sisters collaborate and have written ten books with titles such as My Heart May Be Broken, but My Hair Still Looks Good,  Since You're Leaving Anyway, Take Out the Trash, and You Can Have My Heart, But Don't Touch My Dog.

The main characters are two beauticians who get involved in solving mysteries in their Texas town.

@sward05

Do you recall which is the first book?   Sometimes a series doesn't make as much sense if you haven't read the first book first. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@sward05 wrote:

@sward05

Do you recall which is the first book?   Sometimes a series doesn't make as much sense if you haven't read the first book first. 

@sward05 @Tinkrbl44 My library only as three of her books (paperback) and they are so good.  I love both sisters and the mess they find themselves in. I wish we could get all of them, a 10 count would be so nice.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

How about Clea Simons

Super Contributor

Alexander McCall Smith's, The number one Ladies Detective series

Respected Contributor

If you're not sure about books are lined up in a series, check out the FictFact site.

It's STUPENDOUS!