Trusted Contributor

My Kindle is getting a workout!

Well, now I am glad that I've been loading up my Kindle all these years with no cost or low cost reads (but not reading them). Being a true library addict, I had been reading mostly library books that I'd put on hold. I also have a sizable stash of books purchased from book sales of one kind or another. Library books ran out a couple of weeks ago. Have been finding that the number of library patrons wanting to borrow ebooks have dramatically increased, of course, so the number of ebooks available to check out right now has decreased. I have found that any book I placed on hold did come in before the expected time frame (so far). I am now alternating between reading what's currently loaded in my Kindle, reading an ebook borrowed from Libby, or reading one of my own books. This should keep me busy until the library is able to open again. I live in Michigan. Right now, that tentative date is May 1st, but tonight's news may announce a change in that date. Best wishes to all fellow reading buddies.

Valued Contributor

Re: My Kindle is getting a workout!

@joannecha - you and my husband must be twins.  He reads 5 or 6 books every week or so and our library closed March 14.  He is a Luddite but we got him an Amazon Fire 8 and it came with 3 free months of Kindle Unlimited.  He also figured out how to use the ebook feature at our library.  He is a happy guy now.  Even commented yesterday how glad he is he still has access to books to read.  We anxiously await the reopening of our library as both of us have books on hold teasing us through the front window.  

Esteemed Contributor

@joannecha  I love a good book! Don't have a Kindle and my library like others, has been closed. I got there an hour after their unannounced closing. They were holding the  Dutch House for me. It's still sitting there!

I installed Libby several nights ago and read from my I - pad. I'm on wait list for several books including Dutch House. 
  I may just continue on the e books due to the Virus. 
  My state is VA and not due to open until June but I would not want to go to the library.

Honored Contributor

I love my Kindle so much, I can have a new book in seconds, I can read in bed without turning the light on and I can order a sample of the book for free, to see if I'm really interested, before I invest .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan