Contributor
Ive bought murder she wrote books by donald bain for many years. He normally put out 2 books a year. I was reading one months ago and noticed language in it that was not usually there. Then i noticed mr. Bain had not authored it. A jon land did. So although i didnt like the language i gave the latest one "manuscript for murder" a try. The offensive language was even worse. I threw it in the trash. I will never buy another one as long as mr. Land authors it. Jessica fletcher never used foul language on her show or in mr. Bains books. So after many years im sad to say goodbye to an old friend, murder she wrote books.
Honored Contributor

Re: Murder she wrote - so sad!

I can't imagine Jessica Fletcher using foul language.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Sad to see the series sink so low.  I would have fired off a note to the publisher.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Looks like Donald Bain died a year ago, and Jon Land took over the series. It is sad when a series ends and you have to find another one!  I hope you find something else you enjoy as much.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t know of this personally,  but through a dear friend.  She is a retired teacher, two degrees in English, and reads constantly.  She told me her displeasure with this new writer and doesn’t think much of this writer’s ability.  She says “no more.”

Trusted Contributor

I agree.  Since Mr. Bain died, these books have gone downhill.  They should have just stopped them.  I have quit reading them also.  So awful!